Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Shop and Machines

Thanks

jere's Tools
    Thanks for all effort Jonathan I really appreciate it! It's hard to find like minded individuals and even harder to find ones that go out of their way to help.

I have a suspicion that the motor may have been more than the run of the mill 1/2 hp, or maybe it was 3 phase. The housing is different , larger, from all other Wallace bandsaw I have found. I have been watching ebay for almost a year now. I have read the company had some different options with gearing and motor variants. And i have heard of conversions for the alternate motors over the years too. Or maybe it was just something a garage mechanic fitted on their own.

You are dead on with the treadmill motor, its variable speed. I think you are right about just getting the saw running, better the machine be saved.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jere For This Useful Post:

Jerrdan john (Aug 13, 2015)

Thanks

Jerrdan john's Tools
    Hey, did find this. Man says for parts, you may be able to talk him out of the motor if it's the same.
    19 22 J.D WALLACE & CO. BAND SAW PARTS FOR SALE - US $300.00 (TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA) | VintageMachinery.org

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jerrdan john For This Useful Post:

jere (Aug 18, 2015), Jon (Aug 18, 2015), PJs (Aug 17, 2015)

Thanks

jere's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrdan john View Post
    Hey, did find this. Man says for parts, you may be able to talk him out of the motor if it's the same.
    19 22 J.D WALLACE & CO. BAND SAW PARTS FOR SALE - US $300.00 (TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA) | VintageMachinery.org
    Good find, thanks John!

I inquired about selling his saw as parts, and mentioned there might be someone else (from another forum) that might buy the wheels. He wants to sell it all at once.

I think it is a sign to give the treadmill motor a shot. I will start a new post in the help me build section, I feel bad changing the subject of your machines thread.
    Last edited by jere; Aug 18, 2015 at 07:48 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jere For This Useful Post:

Jerrdan john (Aug 18, 2015)

Thanks
    I really like the story of saving the Browne and Sharpe horizontal mill. Too much of this stuff has gone by the wayside already and there's only so many of them still around. One day I'll post my Kearney and Trecker 1913 (approximately) No. 1A horizontal mill. Nice job on the vid too !!! By the way, your post is the one that caused me to join up and quick lurking around in the dark......keep 'em coming.

Thanks

Jerrdan john's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by tractorman44 View Post
    I really like the story of saving the Browne and Sharpe horizontal mill. Too much of this stuff has gone by the wayside already and there's only so many of them still around. One day I'll post my Kearney and Trecker 1913 (approximately) No. 1A horizontal mill. Nice job on the vid too !!! By the way, your post is the one that caused me to join up and quick lurking around in the dark......keep 'em coming.
    Would love to see the Kearney and Trecker!! I am on machine no 10 now. Here is a link to my u-tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY1...d7rgQCg/videos I really enjoy saving old machines!! Thanks Jonathan

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information