Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New record for most dangerous ladder usage - GIF

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts

New record for most dangerous ladder usage - GIF

Not the first dangerous use of a ladder we've seen, but this may be our current record holder. Combining all of this unsafe use into a single 8-second GIF is actually quite a challenge.

Previously:

ladder walking - video
    Foldup ladder - GIF
    Cedar ladder - photo

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

baja (Dec 9, 2018), carloski (Sep 7, 2022), dubbby (Apr 26, 2020), PJs (Dec 7, 2018), ranald (Dec 28, 2018), Scotsman Hosie (Feb 23, 2019), Seedtick (Dec 6, 2018), Toolmaker51 (Dec 6, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Look up 'core drilling' and 'concrete coring machines'. I'm positive an 8" bit isn't going to get a bite and penetrate just pushed by hand, without water either. They aren't getting a cut, the human drill bushing would have face full of concrete dust.
    A wall rig gets anchored. Common in tilt-ups adding door ways, electrics, ducting, and pipe.

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Dec 6, 2018 at 07:11 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

PJs (Dec 7, 2018), Scotsman Hosie (Feb 23, 2019)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Looks like they may be just trying to "drill" the render. Perhaps there is just something very easy to work below that?

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Chisel and hammer would be faster

Thanks

Ralphxyz's Tools
    The way the tool moves at the end they are not getting any bite.

Ralph

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Scotsman Hosie (Feb 23, 2019), Seedtick (Dec 22, 2018)

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools
    So I tried googling "www.hoogwerkerhuren......"; .com, .nl, etc. Didn't run across pink aerial equipment. When I do, my responsible side says to email them and recommend a hank of suitable line or kit the rig with full climbing gear...
    I'm guessing the pump motor stalled [or lost electrical power] and the platform's control panel couldn't respond.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker51 View Post
    So I tried googling "www.hoogwerkerhuren......"; .com, .nl, etc. Didn't run across pink aerial equipment. When I do, my responsible side says to email them and recommend a hank of suitable line or kit the rig with full climbing gear...
    I'm guessing the pump motor stalled [or lost electrical power] and the platform's control panel couldn't respond.
    and the guy holding the ladder didn't know about the emergency manual lowering valve. or how to use a nail to push in the plunger on a solenoid valve.
    Then again a lot of modern equipment are made in such a way that had he known how to do that the load holding circuit would have required pressure to allow lowering. In these cases there is often a small palm pump mounted on the control bank and a procedural guide for lowering the men to the ground.
    Last edited by Frank S; Dec 20, 2018 at 12:01 AM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Dec 20, 2018)

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    and the guy holding the ladder didn't know about the emergency manual lowering valve. or how to use a nail to push in the plunger on a solenoid valve.
    Then again a lot of modern equipment are made in such a way that had he known how to do that the load holding circuit would have required pressure to allow lowering. In these cases there is often a small palm pump mounted on the control bank and a procedural guide for lowering the men to the ground.
    Logical features, I'm sure some means to do so are a requirement. I'm hardly familiar with aerial gear; even starting from scratch how could such features not be information on the operators placard?
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker51 View Post
    Logical features, I'm sure some means to do so are a requirement. I'm hardly familiar with aerial gear; even starting from scratch how could such features not be information on the operators placard?
    More is the reason for my analogy I've owned scissors jacks that had a rise height of 51 ft a placard was posted in 3 places on the machine in the operator's instructions on the platform control console at the engine or motor compartment and at the lowering valve itself located in a prominent place on the machine.
    I've never owned the gondola aerial boom style machine but have rented/leased them on numerous occasions the rental company always included instructional training to the persons who were going to be the designated operators. In the case once where we leased a Condor 150 the company delivered it and gave a demonstration of it's limitations or actually lack of limitations it was a 4 man platform on a boom and could be raised to 150 feet also it could be driven over rough terrain boom fully extended fully loaded with men and gear up to 1,500 lbs total across the side of a 15° slope while fully extended with the boom as low as a 15° angle and rotated through a 360° swing while under way. it has a very distinctive low fuel warning system both audible and strobe light on the platform.
    I don't mind saying that the agent managed to scare the beejevers out of us rapidly switching the lower raise function while swinging the boom and driving over a curb. each person who was going to be authorized to operate it was given the full instructional treatment and a certificate showing we had received proper training and our names were included in the rental contract. I asked him if they provided parachutes he laughed but after the demonstration I was serious
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information