Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Newb post :hattip:

Thanks

ShopSurfer's Tools

Newb post :hattip:

Hello all, glad to be back in a true forum. After 4 years of the dreaded social media attempts to recreate a "forum like" group or page, ive had enough of the nonsense. Anyways, i come from the flatlands full of crop and cattle known as Nebraska.. Interests include automobiles of all sorts, metal fabrication and mostly other other things i usually cannot afford. Which is why i am here, as it seems a lot of creative thought and ingenuity gathers here with those who dont mind sharing their wealth of knowledge.. So i thank you all for that!

The name ShopSurfer comes from whats known as a couch surfer. Someone who sleeps on a friends couch until the day has come to venture onto the next friends couch. Only in my case, the couch is a buddys shop/storage or my current place of employment.

Cant say ive accomplished much in the aspect of making my own tools, but have always been intrigued and think its more than a "oh thats cool man" and I see it as something that I can truly respect someone for.

To shorten this up, ive had this Mustang and in the beginning of that chapter i had the help of some friends willing to teach me and show me the ins and outs of wrenching a roller car into something more. 1st goal being running driving car, 2nd goal was to go 10s. After that i wanted to take on the next phase of the build as much as i could setting my 3rd goal, 9.99 or faster. Crushed the goal running a 9.165 @148mph. SInce then, a few years of this neglected money pit here i am thinking its time for a new project... Time to create and create with the help of some homemade tools

For those interested: 1992 Mustang LX. Currently stock short block 4.8 LS w/ Borg Warner S475 turbo running E85.. TH400 Trans

Newb post :hattip:-damstang.jpg

Newb post :hattip:-21078310_799257190247350_8229296723811183440_n.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ShopSurfer For This Useful Post:

PJs (Mar 21, 2018)

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,792 Times in 11,326 Posts
    Hi ShopSurfer - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Looks like you'll fit in well here. Here's a good link for homemade automotive tools: Homemade Automotive Tools - HomemadeTools.net

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

ShopSurfer's Tools
    Thanks again Jon, ill do my best to contribute to the forum.. Should have one or two uploaded by the end of the day. Til then.... PEACE, LOVE & OREO COOKIES

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information