Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Pallet swapping machine - video

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,792 Times in 11,326 Posts

Pallet swapping machine - video

Pallet swapping machine. Why? Because the iconic blue plastic pallets are owned by pallet giant CHEP, and have been ruled to be the legal property of CHEP, even when they turn up at a pallet recycling facility. 2:33 video:

More:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-United-States
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHEP

Previously:

Palletizer GIF
    Pallet shaker GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Seedtick (Jan 14, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Rental deposit on a single CHEP pallet is $80. The customer in this vid either didnt make payment or is (more) likely in arrears.
    Imagine what this little stack is worth Pallet swapping machine - video-chep.jpg

Cheers Phil

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    CHEP can claim they are benefiting the global environment with their reusable rental program all they want The local Farmers call them a cooperate MAFIA. When they order products which are palatalized or containerized on or in CHEP products they have to pay a deposit plus sign for and agree to pay a periodical merge that may be billed daily weekly or monthly. Then once the pallets or containers are empty it is their responsibility to arrange for their return at their expense, which by the time all is said and done the cost of caring for and returning the blue garbage as they call it may be equal to or greater than the purchase price of the product.
    One farmer I know personally because he is a neighbor of mine,gave me several 275 gallon plastic totes for water storage. told me a story about one container he had to return and for me to make sure I did not take it because he had to return it for deposit. He further explained that if a truck load of chemicals essential for his cotton production is to be delivered on those blue pallets or in the CHEP rental bulk containers he tries to empty them to be returned within the first few days. Otherwise the merge on them becomes too costly. The local cotton growers association recommends against purchasing from companies who ship in CHEP containers.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

thevillageinn (Jan 15, 2018)

Thread Information