Free 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Photograph-topped cappuccino maker - GIF

  1. #1
    Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    15,157
    Thanks
    3,266
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 3,563 Posts

    Photograph-topped cappuccino maker - GIF

    Perhaps not the single most important invention in the history of civilization, but I guess this is the natural end game to the whole image-in-cappuccino-foam bit, avec selfie craze.




    Previously:

    Sand-heated Turkish coffee - GIF

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

    baja (12-11-2018), PJs (12-10-2018), Scotsman Hosie (03-19-2019), Seedtick (12-10-2018)

  3. #2
    Frank S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Peacock TX
    Posts
    3,764
    Thanks
    641
    Thanked 3,185 Times in 1,609 Posts

    Frank S's Tools
    So are you supposed to drink it before you puke in it or what?
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/

  4. #3
    mklotz mklotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    LA, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,776
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 3,438 Times in 1,175 Posts

    mklotz's Tools
    Kind of makes one wish there were an alternate world where people so shallow as to desire and pay for their picture on their coffee didn't exist. (And there existed a convenient wormhole subway to get there.)
    ---
    Regards, Marv


    Home Shop Freeware
    http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

    Scotsman Hosie (03-19-2019)

  6. #4
    Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    15,157
    Thanks
    3,266
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 3,563 Posts
    A better option:


  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

    PJs (12-10-2018), Scotsman Hosie (03-19-2019), Seedtick (12-10-2018)

  8. #5
    PJs
    PJs is offline
    PJs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    1,840
    Thanks
    8,314
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 679 Posts

    PJs's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Perhaps not the single most important invention in the history of civilization, but I guess this is the natural end game to the whole image-in-cappuccino-foam bit, avec selfie craze.

    <video controls autoplay loop>
    <source src="https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmt-forum/image_topped_coffee_maker.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    Your browser does not support the video tag.
    </video>


    Previously:

    Sand-heated Turkish coffee - GIF
    Where is the hand artistry of making a leaf or other shapes gone to? Bad enough a good double cap cost $5 now and most baristas ask you if you want it in a paper cup and few know the proper length of a draw let alone temps. This has to be $10 at least, for what - smearing my face with the first sip or poking my eye out with a biscotti dunk. Got to worry about the Crema and how the cream/foam destroys it after being sprayed through an inkjet too and Who's going to clean that machine after a couple of dozen...may have to raise the price to $15 per....more importantly, what is the ROI and life cycle on that machineż

    Close to home for me Jon, but give me an old hand pulled espresso with some properly roasted Kenya or an occasional dbl cap or properly layered latte in ceramic or glass (Latte)...I'm good.

    Only machine I've considered is the one the guy (Kato) built on Green Hornet the movie: :53 seconds



    The look on his face says it all!
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

    Scotsman Hosie (03-19-2019)

  10. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Nothing new about this 3d scanning technology and transferring it into g-code. Tech Shop San Jose had a setup like this 4 years ago. What this one doesn't show you is the computer work between the scan and a clean CNC cutting program. Maybe the folks who make turbine blades for jet engines have this all figured out; but I've yet to see anything like a system a small shop can afford for any kind of practical accuracy for other than toys.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ed Weldon For This Useful Post:

    KustomsbyKent (12-16-2018)

  12. #7
    ranald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Black Mountain Queensland
    Posts
    959
    Thanks
    693
    Thanked 257 Times in 177 Posts

    ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mklotz View Post
    Kind of makes one wish there were an alternate world where people so shallow as to desire and pay for their picture on their coffee didn't exist. (And there existed a convenient wormhole subway to get there.)
    I think it is called Pluto, Marv.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to ranald For This Useful Post:

    PJs (12-28-2018)

  14. #8
    ranald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Black Mountain Queensland
    Posts
    959
    Thanks
    693
    Thanked 257 Times in 177 Posts

    ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by PJs View Post
    Where is the hand artistry of making a leaf or other shapes gone to? Bad enough a good double cap cost $5 now and most baristas ask you if you want it in a paper cup and few know the proper length of a draw let alone temps. This has to be $10 at least, for what - smearing my face with the first sip or poking my eye out with a biscotti dunk. Got to worry about the Crema and how the cream/foam destroys it after being sprayed through an inkjet too and Who's going to clean that machine after a couple of dozen...may have to raise the price to $15 per....more importantly, what is the ROI and life cycle on that machineż

    Close to home for me Jon, but give me an old hand pulled espresso with some properly roasted Kenya or an occasional dbl cap or properly layered latte in ceramic or glass (Latte)...I'm good.

    Only machine I've considered is the one the guy (Kato) built on Green Hornet the movie: :53 seconds



    The look on his face says it all!
    Its a 1/2 cap for me everytime, if buying one: (I drink way too many coffees per day the have a double). That guy (Kato) looks even bigger than Bruce Lee at his fattest/bulkiest. I watch the German chap, when he does the leaf thingy, at my local and am impressed at the skill. At $3.50 (happy hour)these are better than any in Noosa at around $10 (20 k down the road).

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to ranald For This Useful Post:

    PJs (12-28-2018)

  16. #9
    Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    15,157
    Thanks
    3,266
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 3,563 Posts

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

    Andyt (03-20-2019), high-side (03-24-2019), Scotsman Hosie (03-19-2019), Seedtick (03-19-2019)

  18. #10
    Howder1951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    So cool! How long does the image remain viewable?


    Post your reply!
    Join 33,912 of us and get our 173 Must Read Homemade Tools eBook free.



    173 Must Read Homemade Tools

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •