Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Phylrich Faucet Stopper Stem Replacement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 655 Posts

Paul Jones's Tools

Phylrich Faucet Stopper Stem Replacement

Phylrich manufactures some fantastic lavatory faucets but the plastic part for raising and lowering the sink stopper will eventually break. I can buy the replacement part but I can make a long-lasting replacement part from 303 stainless steel. The type 303 stainless steel is an easy to machine grade of stainless steel and this is the same material I have used in several of my other projects post at HMT.

The replacement part is approximately 3.40" long and 0.5" at its widest diameter. One end is threaded M6X1 to fit into the drain stopper. The other end has a 0.313" cross-drilled hole that is heavily countersunk to accommodate the extreme angles of the rod used to raise and lower the sink stopper.

Phylrich Faucet Stopper Stem Replacement-phylrich-faucet-stopper-stem-replacement.jpg

Phylrich Faucet Stopper Stem Replacement-phylrich-faucet-stopper-stem-broken.jpg

Phylrich Faucet Stopper Stem Replacement-machining-phylrich-faucet-stainless-steel-stem-replacement.jpg

FYI - The 0.500" stainless steel rod was held in a high precision Techniks ER32 collet chuck with an OD of 1.5" diameter because the six jaw chuck cannot hold anything less than 0.5" in dia.

Thank you for looking,

Paul Jones

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Paul Jones; Sep 9, 2017 at 09:50 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paul Jones For This Useful Post:

rendoman (Aug 22, 2017), Seedtick (Aug 23, 2017), Toolmaker51 (Aug 22, 2017)

Thread Information