Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: plans

Thanks

Thumbs down plans

many sites say " free " plans but when you check them out, there not free at all. what the h--l.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I cannot speak for the many sites you mentioned but the Admin has graciously provided participants of this site an avenue for them to publish their plans for a nominal price. I will say though that for the prices asked I have not found any published plans which were not nicely prepared and priced at an extremely reasonable rate for what the purchaser gets.
    There are also many thousands or well documented homemade tools in the forums which all one need do is to read and learn how the tools were made. I sincerely hope this answers your question at least in part.

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

garryh (Nov 20, 2016), PaulM (Dec 20, 2018), PJs (Jul 22, 2018), thehomeengineer (Jun 19, 2018)

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,616 Times in 11,283 Posts
    Also, some of our plans are free:

FREE - Cylinder Square Plans
    FREE - Angle Plates Plans

Some of the plans, even paid, can save the user hundreds of dollars.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

PaulM (Dec 20, 2018)

Supporting Member Paul Alciatore's Avatar
    Thanks

Paul Alciatore's Tools
    I can't speak for every author here, but the plans that I have posted are all well written, often with dozens of hours of work in writing them. Where appropriate, I include complete drawings, a bill of materials, photos of the construction, and an explanation of all of the steps needed to complete it. Some of the plans that I have posted are the latest revision of articles that have previously been published in print while others are new but written to the same standards. All of them represent a major writing effort as well as a proven design.

Some things can be constructed from an internet post with a photo or two, but often that does not show some of the highly desirable or even essential features of a tool. I have no quarrel with those who work from a simple post, but others may feel that more detailed instructions and drawings are more desirable in order to insure success. This board supports both ways of presenting ideas for shop/home made tools and the reader can use whatever he/she wants.

In addition, I monitor all of my Plans pages on a daily basis. So the purchaser and even a potential purchaser can get an answer to a question or have a point clarified almost immediately. I have my first free plan in the works at the present time and I believe that Jon agrees with that price. As far as I know the viewer will be able to download it completely free: no hidden costs for the plans. And I will be here to monitor and answer any questions on that free one, just as I do for the ones that cost $5 or $10.

So, as far as I know, here free is free.

Edit, 12/21/18:

The free plan that I mentioned above has been added to the board:

http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/u...ver-free-69518

It is free and it is a complete description of an electronic device that allows remote operation of almost anything electric or electronic through the use of almost any IR remote (TV, VCR, DVD, BlueRay, Cable, even my air conditioner remote works with it). It does require some skills to build, but I do have provision for purchasing the more difficult parts like the PCB at a reasonable price. If you want to make that PCB yourself, I provide the foil patterns for both sides.

It also has a complete BoM (Bill of Materials) with suggested sources, very detailed construction instructions, an explanation of how to set it up and program it, and general notes on connecting it to the device that you want to control.

One of the key parts was discontinued by the original supplier, but with some help from others, a new source was found and that is listed in my sales thread here (URL above).

I will admit that my motivation for offering these free plans was to hopefully spur sales of the kits for it that I have on sale on E-bay. But the plans are complete: nothing is withheld. And there is no reason why the device can not be constructed from them. On top of that, I am here to answer any questions. What more can I do for free?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Paul Alciatore; Dec 21, 2018 at 02:22 PM.
    Paul A.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paul Alciatore For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Jun 19, 2018), PaulM (Dec 20, 2018), PJs (Jul 22, 2018), thehomeengineer (Jun 19, 2018)

Thread Information