Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Portable Bandsaw Vertical Bracket

Thanks

Machine_Punk's Tools

Portable Bandsaw Vertical Bracket

I really like the Milwaukee variable-speed, deep-cut, portable band saw. It is very flexible for cutting metal wherever you need it. Sometimes, however, I wish I could just use it as a vertical band saw. That is why I created this bracket. I have plans for a 'fancy' base for this saw eventually, but this bracket meets the need for now and it didn't take very long to build. The aluminum table I fabbed up is definitely still in the 'prototype' phase...

I was originally going to drill three holes into my regular workbench to mount this bracket, but decided I liked the height and flexibility of mounting it in my folding work table.

I use the Harbor Freight foot switches with this saw in the vertical configuration. You see it on the table here, but I usually leave it on the ground. I keep the power switch depressed with a Velcro strap, like you use to bundle cables. HF has two different switches, the momentary and the latching. I usually use the latching in with this saw, so one tap of the foot switch turns the saw on and one turns it off.

Kev

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Kev / Machine_Punk works out of The Aerodrome Studio, where he builds projects inspired by aeroplanes

blog: http://TheAerodromeStudio.com/wordpress
    current project: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=122188

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Machine_Punk For This Useful Post:

Cogslayer (Sep 7, 2016), Jon (Jan 2, 2013), kbalch (Jan 2, 2013)

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,786 Times in 11,323 Posts
    Thanks Machine_Punk! This has been added to our Metal Bandsaws category, and to your new homemade tools page: Machine_Punk's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    It appears as though you've attached a metal table to the "guide bar" (or whatever that finger-like extension is called) and then suspended the whole machine from that table. Is that right?

I've been wanting to make a mount for my portable band saw, been trying to think of ways of attaching various metal or wooden frame members to the band saw's case somehow. Never thought of taking this approach - genius!. But does it seem sturdy enough? No wobbles or flexing?

Thanks for sharing!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information