Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Powered hand truck GIF

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,618 Times in 11,284 Posts

Powered hand truck GIF

Powered hand truck GIF. Fits a nice niche in materials handling, although I imagine you would still have to be extremely cautious using it.

$4,375 from Makinex. More: https://www.makinex.com/product/powered-hand-truck-140/

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

NortonDommi (Jul 19, 2017), Seedtick (Jul 20, 2017)

Thanks

Ralphxyz's Tools
    Probably have to recharge it with every lift, judging by the size of the battery compartment.

But it is interesting and could be fun.

Ralph

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Already thinking how to build one with Harbor Freight air ram.

Thanks

NortonDommi's Tools
    That is one of the neatest things I have seen in years. Another for the projects bin.

Thanks

Ralphxyz's Tools
    Yeah, if you didn't mind dragging a hose around that might be easy to build.
    Going to have to save this.

Ralph

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Put a pair of 125 90 16 s on it for wheels and it would really be useful. Might even be able to adapt it to my existing 2 wheeler
    Powered hand truck GIF-20170321_130534a.jpg
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    LOL, as usual you're going macro (larger wheels)when I'm thinking micro (smaller wheels)Frank. Although for working outside the shop on dirt you've got a point. Would be really interesting to see how "tippy" this is. I was thinking how easy it would be to convert my HFT engine hoist to this but would need one of the air powered Rams like has been mentioned. In a lot of ways it might be easier to maneuver than an engine hoist. But it looks like the tilt head on the boom is crucial to balance. I would have been very interested to see the setting down of the fridge on the platform as it got chopped off the vid. While it's easy to grasp the concept I'll bet the devil is in the details.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    C-bag it all boils down to geometry physics and the law of gravity.
    on one hand you have the weight of the machine as a counter balance when lifting then you have to consider knowing how to maintain as near to neutral loading either positive or negative on the hands as the object is raised transported and set in place. on lighter objects it would probably almost be better to simply grunt and lift it rather than have to push or pull an additional mass around on heavier bulky items such as sitting a Refrigerator on a table once you get over center with your hands near chest high you will find yourself in trouble very quickly in their operating instructions they go into great detail of how to handle heavier loads the #1 recommendation was to have 1 or 2 other persons at hand to help. or get a forklift to unload the thing. WHAT?? if I need a forklift I don't need that thing.
    As far as trying to convert an engine hoist to be used in that fashion if you have ever short legged one and tried to pick up something you probably found out real quick how easy it was to get in trouble.
    You might also notice in the GIF how effortlessly the guy seemed to be moving things around that machine weighs around 170 LBS most of the items he was moving around were about that weight or more. if the wheels are not powered as well that is a lot of mass to try and push around on small wheels, but given that it cost around $4300.00 I suspect they are powered, they would be if it were mine.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,618 Times in 11,284 Posts
    When that fridge is lifted higher than the guys head, I'm thinking: "trebuchet".

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    "When that fridge is lifted higher than the guys head, I'm thinking: "trebuchet"."

LOL! And I mean that as I did laugh out loud! So true, so true Jon.

Interesting Frank, forklift? 1 or 2 others? I rely on my engine hoist and chain hoist exactly because I don't have a forklift or others around. I agree it's all basic laws of physics and that's why I wanted to see the set down of the fridge. You also have to be right about the powered wheels. I know that this kind of advertising is meant to emphasize the cool factor and we're getting used to seemingly impossible stuff like Hoverboards and Segways. So you would hope they had incorporated something like that into this, but it would seem not if you are supposed to have spotters/backup.

Thread Information