Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Pretty, small and useful anvil.

Thanks

Iván Estrella's Tools

Pretty, small and useful anvil.

How to make a pretty and useful anvil.
    Again and with emotion I have developed a tool for my hobbies. This time it is an anvil from a piece of rail track. Many hours of hard but nice work. And, now I am very happy to have registered in Homemadetools! (please sorry my poor English).

Cómo hacer un yunque bonito y útil.
    Nuevamente y con emoción he elaborado una herramienta para mis hobbies. En esta ocasión se trata de un yunque a partir de un pedazo de riel de tren. Muchas horas de un duro pero agradable trabajo. Y, ahora estoy muy contento por haberme registrado en Homemadetools!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Iván Estrella For This Useful Post:

billd (Jan 11, 2019), Frank S (Jun 14, 2018), gunsgt1863 (Jun 10, 2018), Jon (Jun 9, 2018), Moby Duck (Jun 9, 2018), oldpastit (Jan 12, 2019), Paul Jones (Jun 13, 2018), PJs (Jun 10, 2018), primy (Jan 11, 2019), rlm98253 (Jun 9, 2018), rossbotics (Jun 10, 2018), Seedtick (Jun 9, 2018), sossol (Jan 13, 2019), Toolmaker51 (Jun 10, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Peter Sanders's Tools
    A lot of hard work and a very good result. Well done

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Iván Estrella's Tools
    Thank you Peter, nice words, nice forum!

Thanks
    Thank you for sharing. Fantastic work and great skills with the file and hacksaw.

Thanks

Nice Anvil!!

You did a great job! How long it take to you?
    I have two pieces of rails to convert into anvils, but I'm not sure how long the base must be. Do it seems to you that it should be longer than the narrow bases we always see? So that way the anvil does not tend to lean to the front or back when it's hammered near the tips?

¡Hiciste un gran trabajo! ¿Cuantas horas te costó?
    Tengo dos pedazos de rieles para convertir en yunkes, pero no estoy seguro del largo de la base. ¿Te parece que deberia ser más larga que las bases angostas que siempre vemos para que el sotorte no tienda a inclinarse al frente o atrás cuando se martilla cerca de las puntas?

Thanks

Iván Estrella's Tools
    Thanks dear Palonso, I think that aesthetically looks better with the base smaller than the work surface and the idea is to hold it tightly to a table to avoid any inclination of the anvil. I'm not sure but I think I spent about 25 hours building it. Luck and success in your attempt. Greetings from Ecuador.
    I have a lot of difficulty to access Homemadetools. Every time I try there are problems with the password and the truth is I'm getting tired of this, a pity, I just entered the forum and I'm already thinking about leaving it.

Gracias estimado Palonso, pienso que estéticamente luce mejor con la base más pequeña que la superficie de trabajo y la idea es sujetarlo fuertemente a una mesa para evitar alguna inclinación del yunque. No estoy seguro pero creo haber dedicado unas 25 horas en su construcción. Suerte y éxitos en tu intento. Saludos desde Ecuador.
    Tengo mucha dificultad para ingresar a Homemadetools. Cada vez que intento hay problemas con la contraseña y la verdad estoy cansándome de esto, una pena, acabo de ingresar al foro y ya estoy pensando en salir de él.

Thanks
    Thanks for your answer Ivan. I saw that you started the cutting using a hand saw and then, at the end change for a hand grinder. I think I will start directly with the hand grinder. Don't leave the forum! it's very good and I get wonderful ideas from it. I'm too having problems login on. I have to try at least three times. It wasn't that way before. Something has to be happening. Greetings from Argentina.

Gracias por la respuesta Ivan. Veo que también iniciaste los cortes con sierra pero al final cambiaste a la amoladora de mano. Creo que lo haré directamente en amoladora desde el principio. No dejes el foro, es muy bueno, yo obtengo ideas excelentes de el. A mi también me cuesta entrar, tengo que hacer por lo menos tres intentos. Antes no era así. Algo les debe estar pasando. Saludos desde Argentina

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks Iván Estrella! We've added your Anvil to our Anvils category,
    as well as to your builder page: Iván Estrella's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 402 Posts

rossbotics's Tools
    You did a beautiful job

Doug
    Comments are always welcome
    Doug

Subscribe to my you tube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDD..._as=subscriber

Tool Plans for Sale by rossbotics

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Nice work and good video except for the music.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information