Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Ride-on roller attachment for tractor - photo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

marksbug (Dec 15, 2018), PJs (Dec 17, 2018), Seedtick (Dec 14, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    looks like a 50 or 51 Massey Ferguson on the roller attachment Nice design but I wonder what they did about the steering wheel of the roller while they backed the tractor on to its cradle maybe they just removed it

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (Dec 17, 2018)

Thanks
    wow, this blows my mind!!! I have been digging up my entire back yard after removing the humoungus oak trees and removing all the roots, doing it all by hand(shove, pick ax&chain saw) I finaly remted a stump grinder...wish i had rented a track how... Ive been using my 4 wheeler to haul dirt&debris. on a slide and small trailer/cart I made from old truck bed liner& scrap,2 "J" bolts for axles & old pnumatic dolly whels&tires. but yester day i was thinking how I could make a "steam roller" for my 4 wheeler....somehow i dont think it will be quite this elabrate..I had thought about adding a sproket to the axle and running a 12" carbide tiped circular blade through the ground to cut roots...but turning would of been a issue so.. the shovel was happy to step up. I should probably rent a wacker...tamper? ground pounder!!!

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    I must be blessed when it comes to equipment either that or I am too weak to pass by an auction when I have a few bucks in my pockets.
    these work really well for packing and even better if you just drag them behind a lawn tractor
    Ride-on roller attachment for tractor - photo-20181215_131005.jpgwp.jpg

Thanks
    yup thats what I need, bring it on over and Ill buy dinner!!

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by marksbug View Post
    yup thats what I need, bring it on over and Ill buy dinner!!
    Probably a little far to travel but I'll tell you how AI got mine still in a metal crate. for under $100.00 bucks.
    I go to a lot of auctions this one was 1 of dozens at a Richie Brother's auction Most were name brand Wacker Packer some new some slightly used some very used.
    This one was in its shipping frame with a bunch of other stuff piled on it in a timed auction I think I actually paid around $95.00 after the buyers fee. and tax

Thanks
    it's been 30 years since I went to a auction. probably a good idea, but....i already have too much stuff.. the last one I went to wanting something...well it went for a lot less than I would of paid..... I had to go to the restroom been standing there half a day waiting....and told my brother and dad to get it......well my brother wandered off and my dad..... didn't think I really wanted or needed it...$10. for a very large new vibratory cleaner machine.....he was never much of a father any way. I dont even know if there are any auctions around hear any more.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    I also do a few select Should I say very select online auctions. recently bought a 2 gallon power brake bleeder missing most of the master cylinder attachments but it had the 1 that I always used the most. for 10 bucks it was about 150 miles from me. Not really worth making a 300 mile round trip but I bought it and was obligated to pay for it then called a friend of mine who passes though there all the time, He said the next time he passed through he would stop and pick it up. So I called the guy who sold it and asked him if it was in his way, explained the plan he said hey it is paid for I don't care if you leave it here for 6 months. a few days later my trucker friend stopped by and picked it up. when I got it it had over a gallon of Dot3 brake fluid in it so it was a win win for me even if the unit had been trashed.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information