Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Ring, tube and pipe roller

Thanks

bobs409's Tools

Ring, tube and pipe roller

I've been working my tail off on this latest project and it's finally time to unveil it! What we have here is a multi purpose ring, tube and pipe roller.

Designed from other rollers I've seen on the net with a few of my own touches added. You can roll flat material on the inside up to 6 inches in width! I will be making slip collars that can go on these rollers for working with square and round tube/solids. Pipe and tube dies can also be added as I need/make them and can be made up to 4 inches in diameter. It features a 4 ton jack for downward pressure, needle bearings at both ends of the shafts and I drilled and added zerk grease fittings for maintenance purposes. I also milled a square end on both sides of the upper shaft where a wheel will be installed. (use it on either side) I will be making a 20 inch wheel with this tool soon. (and other improvements as I see the need)

In addition, I created extended shafts on the back side. This is to accommodate roller dies that I will be making for lighter materials. I'm thinking of making dies that have about 4 grooves each so they will work with 4 different sized round materials like 3/16, 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8 would be a good start.

P.S. The brushed aluminum flame graphics were added for show and offer no improvement in performance. Paint is a dark blue metallic by Rustoleum with their hammered gray for the accent pieces. All hardware is grade 8.

Ring, tube and pipe roller-dscn2519_renamed_10979.jpgRing, tube and pipe roller-dscn2529.jpgRing, tube and pipe roller-dscn2528.jpgRing, tube and pipe roller-dscn2527.jpgRing, tube and pipe roller-dscn2526.jpgRing, tube and pipe roller-dscn2525.jpgRing, tube and pipe roller-dscn2524.jpgRing, tube and pipe roller-dscn2523.jpgRing, tube and pipe roller-dscn2520_renamed_8843.jpgRing, tube and pipe roller-dscn2530.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bobs409 For This Useful Post:

Gregraper33712 (Mar 26, 2019), Jon (Mar 25, 2019), Kevic (Nov 23, 2020), NortonDommi (Jun 12, 2020), Scotsman Hosie (Mar 26, 2019)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks bobs409! We've added your Multipurpose Roller to our Metalworking category,
    as well as to your builder page: bobs409's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

bobs409 (Mar 25, 2019)

Thread Information