Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: S O L E N O I D E N G I N E HOMEMADE

Supporting Member
    Thanks

mariost's Tools

S O L E N O I D E N G I N E HOMEMADE

At a solenoid engine the driving force is the electromagnetism.
    A solenoid is a type of electromagnet whose purpose is to generate a controlled magnetic field. With a special shape of a washer to the one end of the axis and a counterweight to the other, the power supply to the coil cuts the current using
    a limit switch for a half of every round and gives the current again to the other half. So the engine works continiously as long as it is connected to the power supply.
    We need a coil with 750 rounds ( 0.5 mm) and a voltage 10 V or more.When we increase the voltage the engine works faster.

YOU CAN WATCH THE CONSTRUCTION AND THE USE HERE:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S O L E N O I D        E N G I N E         HOMEMADE-1-9-2018-3-16-19-.jpg   S O L E N O I D        E N G I N E         HOMEMADE-1a.jpg   S O L E N O I D        E N G I N E         HOMEMADE-2a.jpg   S O L E N O I D        E N G I N E         HOMEMADE-3a.jpg   S O L E N O I D        E N G I N E         HOMEMADE-4a.jpg  

S O L E N O I D        E N G I N E         HOMEMADE-5a.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mariost For This Useful Post:

Seedtick (Mar 6, 2019)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Nice to see a video that shows the finished project working at the beginning so I can choose to watch the build or not. I would like to see how much work this motor can accomplish, like the old toy steam engines that could drive little machines.
    Rob

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information