Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Self-loading Bobcat GIF

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts

Self-loading Bobcat GIF

GIF of a Bobcat self-loading into a truck.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Jon; Sep 6, 2020 at 01:38 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

C-Bag (Jan 20, 2017), Christophe Mineau (Jan 16, 2017), dubbby (Apr 1, 2020), HobieDave (Mar 19, 2020), jimfols (Nov 18, 2018), PJs (Jan 11, 2017), volodar (Sep 22, 2019)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Mad Driving skills! Very Cool! Got a friend that can drive one of those things like that and where most people wouldn't be able to walk! Saw him get up on two side wheels on a Very Steep Grade and do a similar thing with the bucket to right himself and end up right where he was working next. Blew me away. Thanks Jon, Great find!

2000 Tool Plans
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks
    Thanked 6,380 Times in 2,117 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    At the start of the gif he faces the truck and rolls back and forth a few times. Is that to leave tracks in the dirt to aid him in aligning to the truck when he approaches it backwards while tilted forward?

We had a contractor remove sidewalk panels for replacement with a Bobcat. He had to approach perpendicular to the curb, climb up on it, reach over the parkway, then stick the forks under the panel and lift it to carry it out to the street. (I had warned him that if he disturbed my wife's flowers planted in the parkway, she would probably emasculate him with a potato peeler.) Once out in the street he expertly tossed it a few inches above the forks, let it fall back and thus cracked it in half. He kept repeating this breakup process with the pieces until they were too small to span the forks.

I told him he was a mechanical artist of the highest degree. His co-workers had a bit of trouble translating that into Spanish, but, when they did, his face lit up like a searchlight.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jan 12, 2017), volodar (Sep 22, 2019)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mklotz View Post
    At the start of the gif he faces the truck and rolls back and forth a few times. Is that to leave tracks in the dirt to aid him in aligning to the truck when he approaches it backwards while tilted forward?

We had a contractor remove sidewalk panels for replacement with a Bobcat. He had to approach perpendicular to the curb, climb up on it, reach over the parkway, then stick the forks under the panel and lift it to carry it out to the street. (I had warned him that if he disturbed my wife's flowers planted in the parkway, she would probably emasculate him with a potato peeler.) Once out in the street he expertly tossed it a few inches above the forks, let it fall back and thus cracked it in half. He kept repeating this breakup process with the pieces until they were too small to span the forks.

I told him he was a mechanical artist of the highest degree. His co-workers had a bit of trouble translating that into Spanish, but, when they did, his face lit up like a searchlight.
    Not sure about the tracks Marv but maybe. I watched his head movement a couple of times and he might be referencing the far side track, then once up he looks over his right shoulder.

The question I have is: did he drive it off the truck in the first place? That may have been more tricky than the back up without going end over tea kettle.

Nice/fun story about your contractor and the Kudo's to his artistry! Thanks.

Regards, ~PJ
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I've ran many skid steer loaders over the years once in a tunnel with a round bottom bucket to remove the muck produced by a tunnel boring machine I needed to do some repairs on the TBM but in order to even get to it several scoops of muck had to be transported 100 yards out of the tunnel. I l learned real quick just how easy it would be to wind upside down in a round 6 ft. diameter tunnel if you weren't careful the good thing was when I did wind up with the machine on its side the small size of the tunnel was all that was needed to right myself major scary when I did it though.
    The first time I ever saw acrobatics done with a Bobcat was in 1970 at the State fair they had this bikini clad woman in one on a 10 ft round stage making the thing dance I don't know how well she would have done at a construction site but I was sure hoping her wobbly bits would bounce out of her top LOL
    Last edited by Frank S; Jan 12, 2017 at 09:52 PM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    that IS insane! Good eye Marv, I had no idea what he was doing till I read your re:

An yeah PJ, how DID he get that thing out of the back of the dump truck? The other hmmmmm? is how do those things still pick up oil out of the pan at such extreme angles?..

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts
    I believe this may be Albania.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Beserkleyboy (Nov 22, 2018), KustomsbyKent (Nov 19, 2018), PJs (Nov 20, 2018), Seedtick (Nov 19, 2018), volodar (Sep 22, 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Bag View Post
    The other hmmmmm? is how do those things still pick up oil out of the pan at such extreme angles?..
    Had the same thought, my father wondered if skid-steer motors run a dry sump oil pan, have not had a chance to ask any one yet that might know.
    Eric

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I never heard of any with a dry sump but a lot of them have a deep narrow sump
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

bimmer1980's Tools
    The operator puts a lot of trust in the restraint system....

The key here is that you don't keep the machine kicked up at that extreme angle for long. In short doses, there should be sufficient oiling for the motor.... Altho, I have to believe that it can't be real great on the engine long term....

I wonder how many teeth on that concrete saw they end up chipping when the saw slams into the concrete or pavement...?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bimmer1980 For This Useful Post:

PJs (Nov 20, 2018)

Thread Information