Remove advertisements
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shop Putterer

Thanks

[email protected]'s Tools
    Thanks Paul!

Thanks

Yes, do find the trimmer satisfying to use, especially this version of it as the previous version with sickle cutters was very high maintenance and did not do a great job on the sides of the hedge. I have had a number of people ask if it can be raised and lowered for different heights. I certainly have thought about that, but I think I would have to incorporate hydraulics to do it. So, as it stands it cuts my hedge the way I want the hedge to look and that is fine for now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (09-30-2015)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Hi Dan,

That's one incredible, Rube Goldberg-type device! Your Hedge Trimmer is the 'Tool of the Week'!

You'll be receiving one of our official HomemadeTools.net T-shirts:

Shop Putterer-black-shirt-front-actual-design.jpg Shop Putterer-black-shirt-rear-actual-design.jpg
    Shop Putterer-white-shirt-front-actual-design.jpg Shop Putterer-white-shirt-rear-actual-design.jpg

Just let me have (via PM) your details (size, color choice, and mailing address for the shirt) and we'll get things processed directly.

Congrats!

Ken

Thanks
    That machine is ingenious without a doubt. Boy oh boy to add a hydraulic system to adjust height and side pitch would be outstanding but as it sits its completely awesome. As seen on that video it takes a very time consuming, tideous and back breaking chore and turns it into a quick Sunday afternoon cruise down the lane.

Thanks

You're right. I have to admit that before I used to dread the weekly hedge trimming job with the handheld trimmer, but now I kind of look forward to it!

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Oop's, delayed my intended location!
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; 06-08-2016 at 09:21 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Marv stated;
    I have not, and never will, join Facebook so that may be the problem. I doubt that I'm alone in that respect.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's at least two of us. I am in total agreement. The opinion is based on comments of users, and rather over simplified due to lack of interest. Those users aren't all that content, many restrict potential contacts, or wind up bailing out completely.
    The idea that commercial enterprises, branches of the military, cosmetics, and so on shill BS on the 'dime' of not necessarily interested parties confounds me. Sure, the originators rake in profits, but so what. I see 'apps' the same way; where something like a customer thinks a service is being performed on their behalf...but they are just substitutes and uncompensated for performing tasks that a letter or phone call used to do. Anyone tried one of those techniques lately?

Post your reply!
    Join 33,912 of us and get our 50 Must Read Homemade Tools eBook free.

50 Must Read Homemade Tools
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thread Information