Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Shop Truths, Phrases, Tales; and Outright Lies

Thanks
    Thanked 8,787 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    You remember how I described the shape of my box?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    You remember how I described the shape of my box?
    Do I?
    More than memorable; shattered previous concept. Instead of a box, A SPHERE, that comprise an infinite number of coordinates.

Yes, Frank S appears to have some ESP or clairvoyant senses; it is a DeVlieg 4B-48 JigMil. I failed to insert all important brand name...JigMil is a model.
    And for those interested......... https://www.google.com/search?q=DeVl...nt=firefox-b-1
    and......... http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex....aspx?id=10762

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Nov 19, 2017 at 07:10 AM. Reason: I'm a dufus, no excuse.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Ever since you posted your dilemma of how you were going to get anchor studs in the correct placement I started doing research for what I thought your machine might be until I finally found that video I posted figuring it just might be similar to yours knowing your association older machines and your appreciation for machine fit I deduced that it had to be either the one I thought it was or a Pratt& Whitney which may be one in the same since I have no true comparison But then I thought of Cincinnati or Hauser machines no matter what name I searched for if I entered 4 b all that would come up was Devliag and you still have not confirmed if that is indeed the branded make Then I tried searching for any possible decommissioned department of the Navy machines THen I came up with a 3b that was Army which was also a devlaig. I tried searching for user manuals build specs historical purchase documents and several other avenues a few lead me to pay sites. No interest in digging into those still other searches lead to possible manuals for sale didn't want to buy something just wanted to have a look see.
    I still couldn't locate a site that I had used in the past that boosts over 7 million manuals for download some are pay as I remember Tried the UK Machines got a head ache trying to follow that rabbit hole kept getting side tracked
    finally I decided to look to myself to see what I would or have done for similar situations .
    That was the easiest search of all since I am not the sharpest tack in the box it took a while for it to dawn on me that hey dummy you've done the exact same thing numerous times on many things just square up a grid then work in instead of out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Nov 19, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    I get surveys. By email. By regular mail. By phone. Not so many are door to door, but I work days, so...not to mention it hovers around 10`F this time of year.
    You get surveys too, I'm sure. Everybody's got some bozo composing questions, to compile answers and justify their meaningless position. Auto service, local newspaper, any sort of retailer, its e n d l e s s. Doesn't matter how many do-not-call, do-not-mail lists we're on, it never stops.

I respond to surveys! The recruiter who finds my resume and bombards me with unrelated jobs, with the gall to suggest I forward his probe to associates. NO!
    If you can't interpret my resume correctly, you are totally wrong pick to represent me. By default, I'll save my associates the trouble addressing you as a witless toad.

I respond to surveys! The bank wants to know your satisfaction with the "customer experience" on their website. NO!
    There was no customer experience; I did all the work for zero compensation, while you laid off another teller...

I respond to surveys! Cancelled homeowners and auto insurance today. Representative was shocked, a 14 year customer. What is it that brought the cancellation?
    Because I can. Because you're costing me a double amount in premiums, that bundling is a hoax [nearly extortion], and because a thing called the internet.

And for those queries that pop-up otherwise, my responses usually run along the lines of this....
    Sorry, I don't respond to surveys. I also don't think customer service is a science, in need of study. Whatever you don't like at 'Company A' is undoubtedly the same peeve for us.
    What customer service really is, whether retailer, public utility, or online seller; "how much can we trim before they bolt and seek other suppliers?"
    Only function of a survey is testing whether we've noticed...

You should read the broadside fired at the most hated "Bank _ _ [in] America". They never surveyed me again!
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

Philip Davies (Jun 13, 2021), PJs (Jan 16, 2018)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    I'm sorry my responses are limited you must ask the correct question is my response to these phone surveys CLICK is all I ever hear on the other end.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jan 30, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    I'm sorry my responses are limited you must ask the correct question...
    Hilarious Frank, I have added that to my positronic memory banks for future use. James Cromwell was the perfect actor for that. A bit rye, cad and naive at the same time. One of those lines that stick with you and when someone uses it so appropriately it lights a candle in the dark of it all.

To me this pervasive, invasive, bombardment of our attention for our attention, only distracts us from the matters at hand and any regard for productivity or perhaps pursuing some better understanding of morals, ethics and the almighty ethos, logos & pathos. Another movie critter said it best...How Woood! Been reading Marcus Aurelius' Meditations lately but it's tough to be a stoic sometimes, these days.

Perhaps one day, we just might find we...achieve some cultural qualities of the Norlaminian's (E.E. Doc Smith) Or we might just find we get what we need. At least Mick and the gang denied any endorsement...to no avail. Not sure who's winning the sharks or squirrels...but it's a pain in the rectilinear output, four sure and seven years now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Jan 30, 2018)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Marcus Aurelius, Not only a practitioner of Stoicism but probably the father of Stoic philosophy even though stoicism was founded by Zeno of Citium. Also Marcus Aurelius was a great military strategist for his time.

PS I don't keep this stuff in my head I only remember certain snipets sometimes the mention of a name will cause me to recall something I think I might have read or learned years ago which usually leads to my digging into the annals of broken electrons to find out if what I thought I knew or thought what I was thinking about was real or imagined in one of my partially lucid wake dreams.
    Last edited by Frank S; Jan 30, 2018 at 12:23 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jan 30, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks

PJs's Tools
    Marcus Aurelius, Not only a practitioner of Stoicism but probably the father of Stoic philosophy even though stoicism was founded by Zeno of Citium. Also Marcus Aurelius was a great military strategist for his time.

PS I don't keep this stuff in my head I only remember certain snipets sometimes the mention of a name will cause me to recall something I think I might have read or learned years ago which usually leads to my digging into the annals of broken electrons to find out if what I thought I knew or thought what I was thinking about was real or imagined in one of my partially lucid wake dreams.
    Roger that on Marcus Aurelius and Zeno with "Happiness is a good flow of life." and "Fitting Action"...written 2300 years ago.

LOL Once again your wit is winding my watch of mine...perhaps it will soon strike. I'm going out to find myself now...If I return before I get back, please keep me here.

BTW that is a nice bucket you're building for the Ford.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    PJs you don't hand a book of matches and a fishing pole to a pyromaniac standing in a river holding a pump sprayer filled with gasoline and expect him not to try and cook the fish before they are caught would you?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jan 31, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks

PJs's Tools
    PJs you don't hand a book of matches and a fishing pole to a pyromaniac standing in a river holding a pump sprayer filled with gasoline and expect him not to try and cook the fish before they are caught would you?
    I guess Not Frank, nor a good accounting for an unsuspecting bony perch caught in a bait and switch, Pre-flambéed and flopped on a plate with an unburned hydrocarbon after taste by some steely eyed fisherman. And so Lao Ztu set off to the western boarders...
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thread Information