Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Skid Steer Cement Mixer attachment

Thanks

stingraygs's Tools

Skid Steer Cement Mixer attachment

I needed a cement mixer, but I'm fundamentally lazy, so I prefer a mixer that transports to the pour and dumps hydraulicly. I'm foutunate to have an old BobCat Skid Steer and a hydraulic Auger for it. My Auger is an old McMillan that, at one time, came with an optional cement mixer drum (Rota-mixer). I didn't get the mixer with the auger, but the picture (in the McMillan manual) looked pretty simple. Remount the Auger drive horizontally (mounts were lready on the McMillan Auger frame) and mount a mixer drum to the Auger shaft. I picked up a tired old mixer without a motor for $40, and removed the drum from the cradle and frame (you'll see the cradle/frame in a post soon as my "welding positioner").The drum had a stub shaft out the back so the mount was as simple as fabbing a coupling shaft, and boring it to match the Auger stub and the mixer stub. Some creative lathe work later I had the coupling shaft. The coupling shaft is cross drilled and bolted through both the tub and auger shafts (auger shaft already drilled for the auger drive bolt). Next was a rattle can paint job and Voila! a $3,000 Skid Steer Mixer attachment for $40 and the Auger I already had.
    Skid Steer Cement Mixer attachment-auger.jpgSkid Steer Cement Mixer attachment-mix3.jpgSkid Steer Cement Mixer attachment-mix2.jpgSkid Steer Cement Mixer attachment-mix1.jpg

StingrayGS

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stingraygs For This Useful Post:

baja (Jul 19, 2019), Jon (Nov 10, 2015), kbalch (Nov 11, 2015), mwmkravchenko (Apr 11, 2018), PJs (Nov 11, 2015)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts
    Thanks stingraygs! We've added your Skid Steer Cement Mixer Attachment to our Miscellaneous category, as well as to your builder page: stingraygs' Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi stingraygs,

Very creative and useful build! Your Skid Steer Cement Mixer Attachment is the 'Tool of the Week'!

You'll be receiving one of our official HomemadeTools.net T-shirts:

Skid Steer Cement Mixer attachment-black-shirt-front-actual-design.jpg Skid Steer Cement Mixer attachment-black-shirt-rear-actual-design.jpg
    Skid Steer Cement Mixer attachment-white-shirt-front-actual-design.jpg Skid Steer Cement Mixer attachment-white-shirt-rear-actual-design.jpg

Just let me have your details via PM (size, color choice, and mailing address) and we'll get things processed directly.

Congrats!

Ken

Thanks

Jarhead5963's Tools
    Love the way you did the cement mixer. I happen to have a old mixer,given to me by a friend. I planned on hooking it up to my skid steer. My idea was more complicated than yours. I'm sure i can use my anger to attach to the drum and make it work. You get a chance, check out the truck crane I made from an old engine hoist. (Under crane category)
    You done good,
    Jarhead5963
    Email:nottakenjarhead@gmail.com

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information