Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Snowblower cart

Thanks

Peat's Tools

Snowblower cart

Old snowblower plus old garden cart equals powercart.

Snowblower cart-b597c18d-5b60-4cb2-a559-72e9fce9f889.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Peat For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Nov 30, 2018), baja (Nov 20, 2020), Jon (Nov 28, 2018), PJs (Dec 1, 2018), rossbotics (Nov 29, 2018), Seedtick (Nov 29, 2018), suther51 (Nov 30, 2018), thevillageinn (Dec 1, 2018), Toolmaker51 (Nov 30, 2018)

KPL

Thanks
    Isn't steering unstable?
    I have built something similar from a tiller, it is very difficult to steer; when I turn a little bit, it tends to turn further. It was actually usable only in reverse, then it stabilises itself. It has helped me a lot this way, anyway.
    Seems like pivot point is located much closer to powered axle in Your case, that might help. I was going to rebuild attachment to locate it under the engine, close to the wheel axle.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/25XbwNKb7FACRteL7

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by KPL; Nov 30, 2018 at 01:40 AM.

Thanks

Peat's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by KPL View Post
    Isn't steering unstable?
    I have built something similar from a tiller, it is very difficult to steer; when I turn a little bit, it tends to turn further. It was actually usable only in reverse, then it stabilises itself. It has helped me a lot this way, anyway.
    Seems like pivot point is located much closer to powered axle in Your case, that might help. I was going to rebuild attachment to locate it under the engine, close to the wheel axle.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/25XbwNKb7FACRteL7
    Mine steers fine, more by accident than design though! Been hauling wood to stack....its a short haul and a wheel barrow would work just as well but this was a fun project.

KPL

Thanks
    Mine was built to carry seaweed visible in that linked photo. It's wet and heavy, and has to be carried quite far sometimes. The main problem is a loose sand I had to cross, where wheels tended to slip and dig in.
    It's quite many wheelbarrow loads that fit into that trailer, so it was really worth it.
    Last edited by KPL; Nov 30, 2018 at 05:37 AM.

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Peat! We've added your Snowblower Cart to our Farm and Garden category,
    as well as to your builder page: Peat's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    I really don't know one thing about designing trailers. But I have a trailer ball front and back of my truck. Whatever maneuvering I accomplish hooked up conventionally, is a mere fraction connected in front. All in mechanics; distance of swivel from steering, like a long flatbed truck trying what 5th wheel tractors do.
    Peat's arrangement benefits that link swivels on motor chassis [and close to drive axle], where the connection on KPL's is on the trailer frame, greatly increasing the ratio attained. Ratio also applies in distance from link to axle of trailer itself.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

PJs (Dec 1, 2018)

Thanks
    I always wondered why no one ever marketed a snowblower/tiller combination. Of course I guess the early Gravely's and some other early walk-behind tractors would do a lot of different things also.

Thanks
    Peat & KPL

both designs are pretty cool, I've been looking to convert an old snowblower into a way to haul my pump and motor and hold the hose, in one.

the steering difference is probable due to the size of the tires on the wagons???? just a guess based on the little physics I know.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information