Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Source for Spill Proof Oil Can

Thanks

Ralphxyz's Tools
    of course I hate acronyms, especially undefined acronyms but especially acronyms that I do not know the meaning.

What is OCD?

aren't you supposed to define a acronym on first usage?

Ralph

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphxyz View Post
    of course I hate acronyms, especially undefined acronyms but especially acronyms that I do not know the meaning. What is OCD?
    Ralph
    OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a mental health disorder that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and occurs when a person gets caught in a cycle of obsessions and compulsions. Obsessions are unwanted, intrusive thoughts, images or urges that trigger intensely distressing feelings.

What we are supposed to do, often depends on a state of mind.
    In every state, intermittent white stripes mark lanes on the roadway and can be crossed with certain procedures, typically signaling 100' before doing so. Signaling indicates intent only, not the action itself. Unlike navigational rules, the intent hasn't means for a reply. Some drivers will signal they are aware of the intent and will 'allow' a lane change.
    Solid white lines restrict crossing in every state. Very common at crosswalks, on and off ramps, etc. Here in Kansas City however, that is not only ignored by drivers, but traffic departments paint solid white lanes 600' [feet] long with an access at the beginning hardly the length of a vehicle. One particular right hand turn only lane so marked, if used legally, would counter free running traffic of at least 2 of 4 lanes leading up to it. Being a mile from a heavily used freeway, onto a heavily used thoroughfare makes it even less useful.
    So how does one comply with instances where it is not arranged possible to do so?
    In my Sunday morning stupor, a lot of irritations are first to achieve attention.
    Somehow that seems connected to having spent the morning "opting out" of every tracking program listed on a weather information site. When the opportunity presented itself; via a text box for response, I pasted the same comment. Paraphrased, it asked why "opting in" didn't precede their info-mining program, and why I'm directed to nearly infinite numbers of sites to make my intentions known and fulfilled.
    At the very same time, a battle is going to rein [end net neutrality] of the internet; to benefit faceless entities. Seemingly, lobbyists are the root of EVERYTHING we find objectionable.
    There is little functional neutrality when you can't find who is in who's pocket, such as Mr. Ajit Pai
    https://www.google.com/search?num=10...66.bETOUH5QW44

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; May 20, 2018 at 08:29 AM. Reason: link correction
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

jjr2001 (May 20, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,378 Times in 2,116 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphxyz View Post
    of course I hate acronyms, especially undefined acronyms but especially acronyms that I do not know the meaning.

What is OCD?

OCD is too frequently used and widely understood to need explanation every time it is used.

If you're not up to speed on the wonderful world of acronyms, bookmark the acronym dictionary...

https://www.acronymfinder.com/

and use it when you encounter one you don't understand.

You'll even be able to look up the sanitized meanings of certain acronyms unsuitable for use in polite society, e.g., FNG or FOAD.
    Last edited by mklotz; May 20, 2018 at 09:07 AM.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

jjr2001 (May 20, 2018), Toolmaker51 (May 20, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Not exactly sure how we have gone from a spill proof oil can obsessive compulsive disorders then to white lines and net neutrality. I never understood the whole concept of the net neutrality law when it was thought up. As with almost every law that has been forced down the throats of us mere peons there are always hidden connotations and subversive agendas buried in the context of these laws. On the one hand they are written to make us believe the law was passed for our protection from rampant runaway fat cats trying to get richer at the expense of our time spent on the internet and to allow the smaller less affluent start up companies an equally fair share of bandwidth and speed. However with it or without it the large conglomerate corporations still have /had the power to control and censor or direct traffic as they so desired.
    Paraphrasing and keyword searches using inclusion and exclusion symbols for certain words or phrases," are/ were" some of my favorite ways to search the infernalnet
    but with the seemingly billions of new search engines that show up almost daily these are becoming less and less effective.
    White lines on the roads, were designed to aid in smoothing traffic flow patterns However around the larger cities these are now being painted as a way to enhance revenues ti fill the coffers of city governments. The first I remember seeing of these were in California on the huge 8 lane motorways they worked great in the beginning a lane was created for an exit lane with the normal width intermittent white stripes which became wider as a warning to get into or out of the lane as soon as possible these turned into a solid wide white line if your are in the lane STAY there if not STAY out. Places like Dallas circumvented the lead on's to the wide solid lines and made them solid from the start making it against the law to cross them you were given no warning to get in or get out but the white line patrols set up in squads along the surface streets to write tickets
    spill proof oil cans the one that this thread was started about I thought was a great idea not something that I need since I have several Plews pump oilers and trhey don't spill plus I can direct my oil psrya where i want it .
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

jjr2001 (May 20, 2018), Toolmaker51 (May 20, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,044 Times in 553 Posts

jjr2001's Tools
    Wow,,,,,,,
    Does anyone need an oil can?

Cheers, JR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    K, while the thread hack is on...
    The tiny squeeze bottles from drink concentrate are excellent for acetone, moly-d and other tapping compounds. The tiny orifice directs fluid beautifully, and have a secure enough snap top. The plastic even accepts felt tip marking of contents.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

jjr2001 (May 21, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,044 Times in 553 Posts

jjr2001's Tools

More "no spill containers

And don't forget the old ink jet syringes and ink bottles with the long needle tip. Found in the drug store some eye droppers.
    CA glue applicators and some small made to order bottles with tiny tips. Yep I save all that stuff. Great for locktite, acetone,
    oil, blueing and any other thin fluid. Usually they don't spill when tipped over. Watch out for the locktite though, it will seal up the tube!

Yep, I think I have it......OCD that is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Source for Spill Proof Oil Can-img_1989.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    When ever I am mixing resins I will go to the feed store and buy the 5 ,10, 50 or 100 CC syringes depending on what resins I may be mixing, The guy used to ask me what size needles I wanted but now he knows that I only want the largest gauge that will fit which ever syringe because the first thing I am going to do is grind off the sharp tip anyway
    The smaller syringes work great for things like sewing machine oils and powdered graphite for freeing up stuck tumblers in locks
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

jjr2001 (May 22, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

wizard69's Tools
    No spills are nice but I get a lot of use out of pump applicators (used cleaning solution bottles and the like). Great for water based oil mixes. One of the better reasons to use such is keeping you fingers out of the hazard zone when the chip breaker isn’t working.

For more traditional oil, I buy Oatkey from the hardware stores plumbing section. Those bottles have a nice tip for drip lube application.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information