Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence

Thanks
    Thanked 2,044 Times in 553 Posts

jjr2001's Tools

Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence

Shop Notes Reference for the plans for this work station is:
    Volume 9 Issue 50.
    Below in the text I noted it as "issue 9" that is incorrect.
    Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. JR

This is an oldie that takes center stage in my shop on many days.
    The table saw is a 20 year old Delta Contractors 10" saw. Originally it had a set of steel legs but I wanted a 50 inch T-Square Fence. Bought the Fence from Grizzly and a bunch of 3/4 Birch Plywood. The unit is built in 3 sections that are all connected by the "beams" that you can see from the front view and bolts thru the cabinet sides. The wheels are casters with a 5" steel wheel. The wheels (up until about 1 year ago) had urethane tires that started to disintegrate. I removed the wheels and cut,filed,burned that urethane off to just leave the steel. They actually work much better now. The delta saw section includes a dust bin under the saw and I connect my shop vac there when in serious use. The right is the router end but it now has a grinder on the top. I move the grinder when it is time for the router. Plans for the bench were in Shop Notes number 9. Wood finish is Danish Oil. I added an outfeed table to the unit that can be seen behind the Delta Saw. This is my multi-purpose roll around bench. I can still get one car in the garage. Electrical outlet box is on the underside by the router area. The Delta saw's original toggle switch was replaced with a real switch. I had the toggle switch on my Delta band saw fail and figured this one would fail also so I just got ahead of it. There is storage for jigs and fixtures, miter gages, fences, etc on the lower deck, side and back. This is my multi-purpose bench.

Cheers, JR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-1main-view.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-2right-top-view.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-3frontdrawerview.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-4leftendstorage.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-5lowerdeckstorage.jpg  

Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-6rightrouterend.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-7router-end.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-8t-squarestorage.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-9a_outfeedstorage.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-9b_slidingtablestorage.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by jjr2001; Oct 6, 2016 at 07:04 AM. Reason: ShopNotes Issue Number

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjr2001 For This Useful Post:

Jon (Mar 27, 2020), Paul Jones (Sep 25, 2016), PJs (Sep 25, 2016), thoms_here (Sep 28, 2016), Tom Ronning (Sep 28, 2016)

Thanks

jjr2001's Tools

Sliding Cutoff Box or Sliding Table Fixture

The sliding table or box is the only way I will cut aluminum and plastic on my saw. This fixture holds the material firmly and secure so that I do not have a problem with the blade grabbing it. The blade is an 80 tooth Freud designed for non ferrous metal cutting. I have cut aluminum over 2" thick by "double sawing" it in the box.
    This box was designed for wood working and long work. That is why the fence is 48" long. Storage when not use is at the back of the roll around table.

Cheers, JR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0006.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0007.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0008.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0009.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0010.jpg  

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjr2001 For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Sep 25, 2016), PJs (Sep 25, 2016)

Thanks

jjr2001's Tools

Router Table Fence

Adjustable router fence with lots of clamping and guiding options. Versatile for many types of routing on the router table when the grinder is not in the way. Note the vacuum port on the rear and the double panels that may be positioned for cutter clearance.

Cheers, JR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0014.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0015.jpg  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jjr2001 For This Useful Post:

PJs (Sep 25, 2016)

Thanks

jjr2001's Tools

Miter Fence

Extended Miter Fence with adjustable stop. This is my go to fence for multiple piece work. I have another Delta head with just sandpaper for a face for general use.

Cheers, JR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0011.jpg  

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jjr2001 For This Useful Post:

PJs (Sep 25, 2016)

Thanks

jjr2001's Tools

Small Part Cutoff Fixture

This one gets a lot of use with parts that are just too small to safely cut any other way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0018.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0019.jpg  

Thanks

jjr2001's Tools

Magnetic Feather Board

Metal workers will notice the indicator magnetic base. Actually there would be two of them. One on each end but the other one was in use in the metal shop. Very easy to relocate and adjust.

Cheers, JR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0016.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0017.jpg  

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jjr2001 For This Useful Post:

PJs (Sep 25, 2016)

Thanks

jjr2001's Tools

Magnetic Aux Fence

Versatile magnetic fence. Used some HF welding magnets for this one. Does not get used much but when I need it I have it.

Cheers, JR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0024.jpg  

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjr2001 For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Sep 25, 2016), PJs (Sep 25, 2016)

Thanks

jjr2001's Tools

Push Stick

Every one needs a good push stick or even a few good push sticks.
    Cheers, JR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0020.jpg   Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0021.jpg  

Thanks

jjr2001's Tools

Table Saw Taper Jig

Simple tapering jig.

Cheers, Jr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table Saw and Router Work Center with T-Square Fence-dscf0022.jpg  

Thanks

pfredX1's Tools
    That's a big setup.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pfredX1 For This Useful Post:

jjr2001 (Sep 25, 2016)

Thread Information