Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: TOE JACK DOWN AND DIRTY BUT IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM FOR LIFTING A LATHE!!

Thanks

usmcdevildog's Tools

TOE JACK DOWN AND DIRTY BUT IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM FOR LIFTING A LATHE!!

TOE JACK DOWN AND DIRTY BUT IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM FOR LIFTING A LATHE!!-image.jpgTOE JACK DOWN AND DIRTY BUT IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM FOR LIFTING A LATHE!!-image.jpgTOE JACK DOWN AND DIRTY BUT IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM FOR LIFTING A LATHE!!-image.jpgTOE JACK DOWN AND DIRTY BUT IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM FOR LIFTING A LATHE!!-image.jpgTOE JACK DOWN AND DIRTY BUT IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM FOR LIFTING A LATHE!!-image.jpgTOE JACK DOWN AND DIRTY BUT IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM FOR LIFTING A LATHE!!-image.jpgTOE JACK DOWN AND DIRTY BUT IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM FOR LIFTING A LATHE!!-image.jpg

SO I ordered my leveling feet, for my logan 6565 14"x42" (2600lbs) and kinda set them off to the side for awhile to think, I was going to try and lift the machine with an engine hoist but that didnt seem like the best nor the easiest idea and it wasnt gonna be cheap since I had to buy one.. I finally came up with this idea and it actually worked FLAWLESSLY!! All I can say is if you have a lathe or mill to move this is the way to go rather its leveling feet or machine skates. Hope this helps a few others

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to usmcdevildog For This Useful Post:

asterix (Sep 16, 2022), baja (Aug 1, 2019), BrianW (Jul 31, 2019), j.bickley (Nov 25, 2017), johnsmachines (Jul 31, 2019), Jon (Mar 1, 2016), kbalch (Mar 2, 2016), mr mikey (Sep 17, 2022), Paul Jones (Mar 2, 2016), PJs (Mar 2, 2016), ranald (Aug 1, 2019), Toolmaker51 (Feb 28, 2023), Tule (Mar 1, 2023), Woodgeezr (Jan 9, 2017)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts
    Thanks usmcdevildog! We've added your Toe Jack to our Jacks and Lifts category, as well as to your builder page: usmcdevildog's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Nice job! I like it. I got to build one of these. Thank you

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    This is filed in the "why didn't I think of that" category. Thankyou!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    OMG what a great idea.

Thanks

Ralphxyz's Tools
    This is similar to how I setup my Clausing 8520 vertical mill to move on castors I used two screw jacks.

I did not have a front or rear screw jack and I tried to see how high I might jack it, I got about three inches of the floor and it fell over.
    Luckily I was on the side and not in front of it. There was a workbench in front that just caught the top of the mill to slow it down so it
    did not do much damage to the mill. Without the bench the mill would have hit really hard.

Ralph

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information