Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top audio 2016

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    Have you ever gone into a big music instrument store like Guitar Center and gone into their electronics/recording area and listened to all the different near field monitors? It's truly an enlightening experience. I was gathering equipement and experience to be able to record the bands I was in and one of the major hunts was speakers. IMHO that's where the widest variation and a great deal of interpretation goes on.

The really cool thing about near fields are they are designed to listen close, like the next step away from headphones. The idea is to be able to have them on your mixing console ear level and close enough where the room is no longer a factor. I ended up with a set of TRM6 active monitors. They are the most detailed speakers outside of my ESS's I've heard. When we used these to mix to we ended up with the least messing around to get the recording to sound good on a boom box, car stereo, different home stereos, and in mono. I use them as my computer speakers as I no longer record.

All the real advancement in audio has been in live sound reinforcement. And having an old friend in the biz has kept me up with what is possible. That's why I've decided to at least try this style of home system I mentioned above because instead of griping about stuff like the hi end audio guys do and making excuses, these guys have the tools and equipment to fix any situation. So if you have good equipment and good signal, by analyzing and electronically fixing the ultimate sound as perceived by the listener, where the listener is I believe you might make a modest system sound as good and maybe better than a really expensive system with no ability to take the environment into consideration. We'll see

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to C-Bag For This Useful Post:

PJs (Oct 20, 2016)

Thread Information