Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: True .. Making home.

Thanks

Hotz's Tools

True .. Making home.

This guy built a machine with many things recycled.
    The most interesting that can manufacture ropes and pet bottle of brooms.
    You will not understand the Portuguese language, but they will surely recognize many objects of everyday life.
    The guy is a very simple man, but is doing its part to our ecological ** Planet ** is what he says in the video the end ... ** Decrease pollution **

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Hotz; Jul 12, 2015 at 10:32 PM.
    Sorry my mistakes in english.
    to share your tip >>> http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/tool-tips-tricks/ <<<

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hotz For This Useful Post:

Christophe Mineau (Oct 5, 2015), jere (Jul 25, 2015), kbalch (Jul 13, 2015), Paul Jones (Jul 13, 2015), PJs (Jul 22, 2015), Toolmaker51 (Aug 28, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanks for posting this, but the video is showing as private…

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Hotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by kbalch View Post
    Thanks for posting this, but the video is showing as private…

Ken
    Adjusted, I hope everything is ok now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotz View Post
    Adjusted, I hope everything is ok now.

Perfect; thanks!

Ken

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 655 Posts

Paul Jones's Tools
    Hotz,

Thank you so much for finding and posting this video. I was fascinated seeing the various reuses of parts and electro-mechanical "inventions" to make useful products. I especially like bottle cutter-to-thread device and the spool counter using a calculator.

It is great to see this level of creativity from everyday parts.

Thank you,
    Paul

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Jones For This Useful Post:

Hotz (Jul 13, 2015), PJs (Jul 22, 2015)

Thanks

Hotz's Tools
    Paul I also found it very interesting calculated as the lap counter, according to the inventor every 50 laps he has 49 ft wire.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hotz For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Sep 4, 2016), PJs (Jul 22, 2015)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Thank you Hotz for posting this! Wonderful ingenuity and creative thinking to recycle all the materials and parts to make machines to reuse in a different form...full circle! I did love the counter and the brooms were excellent too. Thought he was going to make some kind of lamp at first...Awesome in my book! ~PJ

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

Hotz (Jul 23, 2015)

Thanks
    One does not have to recycle to decrease costs and or improve energy useage, Looking at the Garge builds on the site I note that nobody seems to consider a simple couple of things to lower energy costs and in some hotter parts of the world do away with a need for climate control Air conditioning and the ongoing costs for electricity to maintain those temperatures at a comfortable level.

There are two things I bring to people for consideration when designing and building either a Home or a garage or Workshop for consideration for control of excessive heat.
    Firstly I make note that Landrover used on many of their older series landrovers a design known as a Tropical roof, This basically meant a double roof panel with an air gap in between which kept internal temperatures much lower with no ongoing energy costs.
    The other design to consider is what is known in Australian Housing as the Old Queenslander style of home these had two important things designed to keep temperatures under control extra wide verandahs or extended roof lines with a deck underneath them this meant that the air was cooled before it entered the home or building proper, The other thing they did was build the main part of the buildingon stilts meaning the hjouse had an area underneath that encompassed the whole floorplan with room for storage or a garage or workshop underneath but most importantly the ability for airflow again to keep temperatures under control.

Remember if you can save on Electrical power use be it in a hot climate or a cold climate with such things as double glazing and insulation and carefully considered airflow that then frees up those funds for more important projects.

Always look at things to see if more than one use can be accomplished by anything you do.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve-cox For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Oct 6, 2015), PJs (Oct 10, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    In order to truly appreciate the way of life the guy in the video has, one should try at least once in their lifetime to visit southern Europe. I spent a month holiday driving from Barcelona Spain along the coast as much as possible to Gibraltar then on to Sagres Portugal then back to Barcelona. sometimes spending a couple of days in one place or another.
    Lots of folks there who simply refuse to accept that there is a world outside of where they live I met this one family who were in the first stages of reconstructing an old fishing boat that had washed up on shore several years prior From the condition of it my first thoughts were of the SS Minnow from Gilligan's Island.
    I asked the guy about the boat. He said the local Governor had given it to them as long as they could remove it from the ALL NATURAIL ( IE Clothing optional ) beach without disturbing the beach goers. So he said his wife and children sans any clothing went down to the beach and challenged everyone on the beach to a boat pushing event with the promise to host carnival for them when the boat was relocated safely far enough from the beach That must have been some sight to behold I'm sure. the way he told it there were 200 or so people rolling a 45 ft boat on logs up the beach across the road then to their property wearing whatever they had on if anything while lounging at the beach.
    Judging some of the tool he was using to rebuild the boat he must have known the guy in the video.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (Oct 10, 2015), Toolmaker51 (Aug 28, 2016)

Thanks

jotasierra's Tools
    Gracias Enfriamiento por compartir y tu aporte.:aplausos:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information