Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Unique tractor turning method - GIF

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    I think it is called technology, KOMO. sometimes its great & sometimes...................................
    LOL
    REGARDS, Ranald

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    thought this was a techno response but upon reviewing all the threads of this woolly I see what this reply is refering to. cheers

2000 Tool Plans

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,836 Times in 11,335 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

ranald (May 18, 2018)

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    CHEAP DO NUTS? IN the vehicle or out of it? Fun, Fun, Fun, now that daddy...............

Thanks
    To: Don42 and Ranald

A wonderful thing about forums is that anything 'off topic' causes confusion. I just discovered that Ranald had written more than one response on May 15, one 'on topic' and the other as far off as my post.

My question directed to Don42, which probably should not have been in this thread at all, could have been framed to request the following:

What is the total 'number of possible combinations' using the Soundex Code?

Florida uses the Soundex Code, based on the how a person's name sounds, not how it is spelled. It is used for the first four spaces of a driver's license. This Code applies the first letter of a person's last name plus numbers as follows:

Number Represents the Letters
    1 B, F, P, V
    2 C, G, J, K, Q, S, X, Z
    3 D, T
    4 L
    5 M, N
    6 R

An A, E, I, O, U, H, W, and Y are only used if it is the first letter of the code. Those letters do not receive a number. The numbers 7, 8, and 9 are not used at all. There are always four digits so later letters are ignored and zeros are added at the end if necessary.

Although there are several other 'rules for coding' which do not appear to change the total number of combinations, a usually unstated rule for the system is that a zero cannot be followed by any other number.

In other words, Gaboronitzky is coded as G165, Adam is coded as A350, and A305 would not be allowed. The code for both Jim Ow and Kim Jung Oh would be O000.

According to the 2010 Census, there were over 6.2 million surnames in the USA.

My initial count found only 6,552 different possible codes [26 x 7 x 6 x 6], but I was not happy with that result.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Komo For This Useful Post:

ranald (May 28, 2018)

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Do all states of US use the same number for towed items like trailers, caravans, boat trailers, concrete mixes as that of the towing vehicle?
    My neighbour was born in the US but has lived here most of his life & a car ploughed into my front yard as the driver was probably intoxicated or extremely fatigued. My kind neighbour took a note of the number plate of the caravan as he couldn't see the Land Rover's number plate due to all the rubble of bricks & plants. The car was stopped eventually by large palms just a foot from the house. The neighbour said that both numbers would have been the same in his state back "home" and easily identified. The problem was the driver did a crash and run and the van was not registered. My brick (reinforced with steel) letterbox (4 bricks wide and 3 deep & about 3 ft high slowed the vehicle enough to help prevent the cavity brick house walls being damaged. The bricks claimed the sump and we followed the oil trail the next day but no sign after it (the oil trail) finished. Police were too busy & not enough info regarding the stolen van number plate so the legal matter was stopped. He had to pay motor damage (karma) & my insurer eventually paid for my letterbox replacement less excess . LUCKY I HAD A SOLID LETTER BOX.
    Another interesting piece of trivia: hoons continually destroyed a local playground, and furniture with do nuts & 4x4 play. Eventually a bar-b-que claimed a number plate & a culprit was apprehended and dobbed on others. no more damage to that park.

cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I have no Idea where your mate lived in the states but in all of the states I've been in the number plate never matches the tow vehicle.
    Some States you have to have to turn in the plate tot eh DMV when you sell a vehicle others the plate stays on the vehicle and the new owner has 30 days to re register it in his name. But that can get you in a world of trouble if you don't call the DMV with the transfer info imeadiatly when you sell it. Because if they are involved in an accident or get a ticket as long as those plates are valid and in your name you can be held responsible. If I sell a vehicle I pull my plates then make the guy pay for a 30 day temporary tag then go online and purchase one in his name then just print it off and hand it to him. That way his insurance policy is listed the permit is in his name and it is up to him to get it done right because I'm out of the picture.
    If I am thinking about buying a vehicle from someone and want to test drive it first. I call or text my ins. co whit the make model and vin then have it included on my policy for the test drive, If I am doing this at a used car dealer I am doubly sure to put full coverage on it for the duration and take pictures of all 4 sides before driving it. Used car dealers will try anything to make you pay for something you didn't do.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

ranald (May 29, 2018)

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Thanks Frank. Maybe he had that idea from childhood as he was quite young when immigrating. I was duped by my uncle into believing the indicators (older vehicles used more primative hand signals) came on automatically when about to turn a corner which I believed till about 13y.o. when i could sit in front seat and could see driver flick the switch. LOL. Now vehicles drive themselves. Tomorrow the "Jetsons".

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,836 Times in 11,335 Posts

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

baja (Nov 30, 2018), EnginePaul (Dec 1, 2018), PJs (Dec 1, 2018), Seedtick (Nov 29, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I use to own a little short tractor trailer rig and I could make the trailer wheels roll backwards if I turned tight enough.
    Unique tractor turning method - GIF-ag04_005-fix-flaw.jpg
    I could also legaly carry 44,000 LBs which was as much as most of the big trucks could carry on 5 axles. I had turned up the 8.3 engine to 325 HP dropped in a 13 sp and put the rear axle on air ride not only could I haul as much but I could keep up with their larger 450 Hp trucks because I was 20 K lighter.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (Dec 1, 2018)

Thread Information