Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Vapor Blasting Cabinet

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    Good luck archimeech, with the project and the healing. My wife had hip surgery recently and I guess joint surgery has came light years. My brother had rotator cuff surgery in the 90's and they literally almost killed him. He's a mess now, while my wife is doing better and better everyday.

I also have to thank you for lighting a fire under me to get my HF bench blast cab out of the shed and get it squared away. I'm not going to be going water blast (yet ) but am going to mod it and still run air.

This whole project reminds me of when I was working for a fruit farm/packer. They had a pull behind spray rig that the pump had been kapoot for years, but the rest of the rig was all stainless. I don't know squat about the engineering of it, but the pump was this rediculous little cast iron thing that they wanted like $3k for and in looking at the specs I didn't see why I couldn't use a similar volume vane pump that was like $150. It also had this rediculous multi belt drive system for the fan which could not be tensioned and I redesigned that too. Nothing fancy and just using plain logic and to the bosses surprise not only did it work good, it put out a finer spray than it had new. Which doesn't surprise me because all this stuff would get wet from the spray and with no tensioners on the fan belts I'm sure they slipped like crazy.

My point being, I think you are on to something and not everything is rocket science even though some companies want you to think so. And sometimes even rocket scientists are over thinking it

Thanks for sharing your progress.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C-Bag For This Useful Post:

archimeech (Jan 24, 2017), jere (Jan 27, 2017)

Thanks
    Thank you for the kind words. I keep telling my kids, "All we need is 1 simple idea; then we can all retire..."

2000 Tool Plans
    GA Architect, cabinet maker, Sculptor, all around maker of "things"
    2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ, Stock
    1964 ChevyII Nova inline 6 250
    1975 Honda CB750 Cafe Brat
    1968 Suzuki T20 Scrambler
    1974 Suzuki RV125 VanVan
    1981 Yamaha DT175

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    Good luck with that. I'm lucky that I came up with something and manufacturing it myself is helping me not have to punch a time clock for somebody else. I have no retirement except SSI so I'm grateful for a working retirement, doing what I want. Making a modest living, not a killing.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to C-Bag For This Useful Post:

archimeech (Jan 24, 2017)

Thread Information