Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 56 of 294 FirstFirst ... 6 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 106 156 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage work crew photos

Thanks

Radioman's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker51 View Post
    Axe factory, I buy. Side job for Broadway actors, instead of waiting tables? Dunno
    But WTH is this? Bullet-proof chamber pot? R&D 'Fat Man' prototype? An early Reuben Garrett Lucius Goldberg [#1] device with contributing designers? No, wait he'd only be 2 years old by then...
    Attachment 28598
    R2D2's great-great-great grandfather? Notice casters hadn't been invented [or available] yet.
    Looks like a pot belly stove to me. What he’s doing with it is another thing.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Radioman For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Mar 5, 2019)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I agree.
    I wonder what happened to #19 & #20?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

stillldoinit's Tools
    Looks like a small potbelly wood stove with a cast iron Dutch oven sitting on top.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    #1 is demonstrating/explaining something to hat modeling audience. Right hand holds shaft of axe-grindstone/belt pulley assembly. Far end of shaft sits on block for height adjustment, pot belly stove doing temp duty as sawhorse. Canīt discern what his left hand is holding.
    Last edited by volodar; Mar 6, 2019 at 09:44 AM.

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,616 Times in 11,283 Posts
    State fire crew learning features of new John Deere fire fighting equipment at Fall Creek Falls State Park, Tennessee, 1952.
    Fullsize image: https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/h...g_fullsize.jpg

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

baja (Mar 8, 2019), Seedtick (Mar 7, 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    From her attire a pair of micro Daisy Dukes cut offs that would not have gotten past censors in even an R rated movie and a sports bra and tennis shoes
    And not a single picture of Susan?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to capngeo For This Useful Post:

volodar (Mar 8, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by capngeo View Post
    And not a single picture of Susan?
    You are referring to post #6 near the start of this thread, and no I was not in a habit of using 35 mm film to take pictures of young women back then. Over the years interviewed a lot of potential employees but I must say that young Susan to this day is probably the one the wife and I remember the most W had many people show up looking for a job fully geared up in all of the PPE you could imagine who could barely even strike an arc and forget handing them a torch or plasma to cut their own coupons they would were out a weeks supply of grinding disks to clean them up enough to fit together.
    My welding tests were pretty much standard straight out of the book but for the fabricator/ fitter tests mine were a little intense so much so that it could take half a day of more to complete them. But I let them know up front the quality of work we required and that we paid accordingly usually a higher starting wage than many shops paid their seasoned employees Like the line Powers Booth as lt Razack in Star-ship troupers said "I expect the best and I give the best" was my philosophy
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Now I direct your attention to the hiemflager reticulation joint that connects the vertical articular beams to the flagging soil discombobulation mentisitzer Note how the articular beams a are used to push the hiemflager reticulation joint forward by exerting force through the retinieal ball from behind. the auto stabilizer lifts the articular beams by means of hydraulic compaction inside of of the moving pressure chamber
    Last edited by Frank S; Mar 7, 2019 at 08:54 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Mar 10, 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    You are referring to post #6 near the start of this thread, and no I was not in a habit of using 35 mm film to take pictures of young women back then. Over the years interviewed a lot of potential employees but I must say that young Susan to this day is probably the one the wife and I remember the most W had many people show up looking for a job fully geared up in all of the PPE you could imagine who could barely even strike an arc and forget handing them a torch or plasma to cut their own coupons they would were out a weeks supply of grinding disks to clean them up enough to fit together.
    My welding tests were pretty much standard straight out of the book but for the fabricator/ fitter tests mine were a little intense so much so that it could take half a day of more to complete them. But I let them know up front the quality of work we required and that we paid accordingly usually a higher starting wage than many shops paid their seasoned employees Like the line Powers Booth as lt Razack in Star-ship troupers said "I expect the best and I give the best" was my philosophy
    At least you know I read the whole thread!

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by capngeo View Post
    At least you know I read the whole thread!
    If you read all 56 pages of this thread you spent a lot of time in the rabbit hole.
    there have been a lot of interesting posts in this thread both informative as well as humorous

Thread Information