What is this tool? Sourced from the excellent forum at ThePatriotWoodworker.com, and discussed here. This tool looks to be as-yet unidentified. I've also reverse-searched the images via Google Images (instructions on how to do this here), and nothing is coming up.

This tool is 12" long. Current guesses:

-depth stop/gauge
-hold down
-steam engine part (this is a common guess for many mystery tools!)
-shake shingle reveal measuring/marking gauge
-jig for repeatable length cuts
-jig for repeatable parts marking
-portable miter saw stand