Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: What are you learning right now?

Thanks

What are you learning right now?

New projects often bring a need to pick up one or more new skills. Even absent a specific project, most of us have a mental to-do list which includes self-improvement of one form or another. It might be tool-related (finally experiment with woodturning) or not (finally begin studying Japanese), but there's usually something cooking, right?

What's the last skill you learned and/or what are you learning right now?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

jere's Tools
    An interesting topic can't wait to see what others are work ng ...on you too kbalch!

I have a list it will get pretty long if get detailed I will try to keep it short.

I picked up a frozen 3phase cord reel for $20 a couple of months ago. they cost over $1000 new so I am to be shooting that. It is full of dried grease. I have been trying different solvents on the main spring as it is the main problem. it looks like brake fluid and pb blaster are doing an OK job. I am trying to learn how to coil my own small spring to keep pressure on the brushes. the Honeywell company is to important to return any of my part requests.

been studying how drum brakes work, had to change a drum cylinder...never had a car that still had drum brakes yet. drilled the old one out to try and save it but no luck.

learning about balancing tires on a hf balancer had to fix the balancer first too.

looking at trapping racoons, one has taken residence in our attic.

looking at propagating barberry bushes from clippings, and antihisis what kinds of non invasive region native wild flowers to plant around the house for a security hedge. planted about a dozen clippings today

reading about how to improve on front control arm design for my Nissan. how to avoid bumpsteer if I reduce the ride height.

playing around with plastic welding, dent pulling, spraying truck bed coating as an undercoating (failure cloggerled the spray gun.)

tried making vegan homemade candy similar to mounds bars, not perfected yet. Trying to improve on some really inexpensive hard apple cider for the wife's church friends.

that was today and last night

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Hotz's Tools
    For my new project in manufacturing a flow bench, I am perfecting my abilities with MDF, really quality material with less than timber handling.
    Much heavier and gives rise a lot of dust.
    Sorry my mistakes in english.
    to share your tip >>> http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/tool-tips-tricks/ <<<

Thanks
    At the moment, I'm spending a lot of my time reading about ECU wiring and planning the engine installation for my project car. I just got the doors on and it's looking a lot more car-like with the central bodywork in place.

On the non-tool-related front, I'm always learning (with middling success) to be a better golfer…

Ken

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information