Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Where are the Flea Markets, Swap meets Etc.

Thanks

Where are the Flea Markets, Swap meets Etc.

Hello guys, I am Mike Morris and I live in Northwestern corner of Louisiana in Shreveport and I have absolutely no idea where to go to find Tool Swap Meets or Flea Market or Auctions where I could find machinist types tools and machines / Equipment an be found ??????

All I have ever found are places that want as much or more than NEW PRICES and if there any of you guys like me on a very very limited budget being I am disabled but want to PLAY as they say !

Also does anyone know where to plans to make our own shop tools ? If your like me I have to make as many as possible to save as much money as possible ! I am one of those that is not very good at just seeing a sketch but need plans with measurements to be able to make my own tools at this point. Hoping to get better as time goes.

So PLEASE PASS ALONG ANY IDEAS AND PLACES TO FIND SOME DEALS BESIDE EBAY & Craigs List.
    Thanks Guys for all input and help
    Mike

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    This is my 5 month old baby Nina

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Man it seems like a 100 years since I was anywhere near Shreveport. So long that I couldn't remember a single name so I
    looked up this address Swap Meets in Shreveport, Louisiana
    just open the page then click on the more info under each name for dates times and places not sure if any will have any machinist tools but most will probably have some other tools
    As far as plans have a look in the Tool Plans for Sale section there are several very detailed plans there well worth spending a few dollars for also there are some free plans there as well.
    Homemade tools.net has 1000s of shop tools made by the members and many do a great job of adding enough descriptive info for a novice to make their own with just a little thought.
    Have a look under the categories tab for a listing of what ever tool your are interested in then follow that as far as you want to search Once you find a specific thread that you like BOOKMARK it in you browser then you can instantly return to it without having to remember where it is.
    Good luck welcome to the TAS (tool acquisition syndrome) addiction capital of the planet

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

C-Bag (May 3, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Swap meets are good, selection limited to what vendors are willing to load and bring to display.
    The local economy has a lot to do with it as well. If there isn't manufacturing within commute distance, 'our' kind of tools won't be plentiful.
    Machines are figuratively everywhere, getting deals is tough, due mainly to knowledgeable competition.
    Develop a list of local auctioneers websites/ email lists a radius penetrating into industrial areas. Rural locations will be included automatically, so you could expect a few opportunities every month.
    Understand that tools can be generalized by trade and many overlap. Tooling is rather more specific, having a lot isn't a guarantee of suitability.

I'll have to add recommendations later, have an appointment.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thread Information