Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Williams Lowbuck Tools

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools

Williams Lowbuck Tools

I didn't know where to put this as I didn't want to hyjack the thread that's going on in the main forum. But the whole thread with English wheels made me remember this site. These guys for me were what I think Gingery is to others. They give me great ideas and depending on how much you want to do or not will provide you with everything from the tool to just the plans and everything in between. Their metal machine

Lowbuck The Metal Machine

Is how I'd do it if/when I do some sheet metal forming. One frame that you change out the heads to do 7 different processes.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C-Bag For This Useful Post:

Jon (Dec 24, 2015), kbalch (Dec 24, 2015), PJs (Mar 31, 2016)

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts
    Good one. I like the louver press attachment.

Williams Lowbuck Tools-louver_press.jpg

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    So. Had you guys ever heard of them or was I the last?

Simple has always been better in my book. The free philosophy is kind of a hoot too.

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    I guess I could make a parallel flood of my favorite tool/tech sites besides WLT.

This is a great site for all kinds of metal working. https://www.tinmantech.com/html/alum...ng_article.php

Has all kinds of great stuff. Not cheap, but like his special aluminum welding goggles are indespensible. With those patented goggles you can see when the al is melting better than regular goggles. And his flux, and other supplies are the very best. And if you're an old aircraft nut he's even got old Army Aircorp training films you can rent! Plus all kinds of great DIY vids.

Thanks
    Nope, I think I was last! Entirely new for me, but very intriguing…

Ken

Jon
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I hadn't seen either of those. What else ya got? Seriously, I'm considering putting together a list of resource links for homemade tool builders.

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I hadn't theseen either of those. What else ya got? Seriously, I'm considering putting together a list of resource links for homemade tool builders.
    I was hopin you'd say that Jon.

I've already gotten so much good stuff and links on this Homemadetools site, it's kinda overwhelming. Because of all the links to the other forums I have a hard time navigating. Sometimes it's more like how I used to do where it was more akin to a rock skipping over a pond. From link to link. Unfortunately I sometimes can't find my way back I don't mean to criticize, and I don't have any constructive hints. I think you guys are doing and outstanding job and I'm really grateful I found this place. But like the net in general the sheer amount of info is mind boggling. And it's all about finding it.

Those sites, the 507 mechanical movement, Williams and TinMan are my main go to sites besides HFT for tool ideas. But sites are like when folks start telling jokes in a bar....one makes you remember another. Paul Jones posted a cool link for knobs and hardware someplace the other day. Shoulda book marked it.

I guess this is somewhat parallel, but one of my side projects is finding a site that can give some tips about repurposing printers. I want to make a machine to cut 1/4" hose from a 50' roll into 1 1/4" pieces, automatically. Like printer guts controlled by an Arduino.

Know of a site that does DIY primer on printer repurpose Jon or Ken?

Thanks
    I found numerous articles on harvesting a printer's electronic innards for reuse, as well as a couple of pieces on utilizing the emptied shell as, among other things, a breadbox. In other words, not the sort of info you need.

If you find a detailed guide to making a range of useful stuff from repurposed printers, please do share it here; I suspect that lots of folks would be interested.

Ken

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kbalch For This Useful Post:

PJs (Mar 31, 2016)

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    One of the hardest things for me is finding the correct wording. There is also the problem of tracking. Ever try and sit with your SO in the same room and on different machines and doing a similar search? Her search comes up with completely different results than I do. Turns out our access to the search engine tailors our results depending on past searches. I'd always suspected as much and not until a interview I listened to with a Silicon Valley tech writer did my suspicions become more than just paranoia.

I bring all of this up as a reason why one time I'll do a search and come up with nothing and a month later a couple of hits. This time I tried " cnc machine from printer parts" and got several promising hits that I'll wade through later. But I did get one great link:

Electronic Goldmine

Check that out! I just looked at the motors and got tangled up. Dunno if it's well known. Another reason for a reference section here(hint, hint).

Jon
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    This thread is getting better. Unfortunately I don't know a printer repurpose site.

Peoples' search engine skills are definitely not all equal. Things like this are really useful: https://support.google.com/websearch...ors&hl=en&rd=1 . Minus, quotes, site:, inurl:, etc.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

C-Bag (Dec 26, 2015), PJs (Mar 31, 2016)

Thread Information