Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WWII USS Hornet aircraft carrier found on ocean floor - video and photos

Thanks

Wmrra13's Tools
    Ha ha ha !!!

I married one of those "distinct females".
    She was a navy brat, her dad was a master-chief on subs and her brother still works at the shipyard.

Cheers!

PS: I just noticed that my (very old - one's in college now!) avatar pic was taken on the Bremerton ferry!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Not likely. It would have allowed the Luftwaffe to put 70-100 more planes into the fight. The british advantage in radar, and perhaps more importantly that they had home field advantage, which meant that the RAF pilots were able to refuel and rearm multiple times during an attack.And any aircraft carrier within range would have been under constant attack by air and by submarine. History showed that Hitler was almost completely unwilling to commit his biggest and most flashy ships to unrestricted battle. The typical Luftwaffe pilot was only able fly over England for 15-20 minutes, then had to fly back across the Channel, limiting each pilot to a single sortie per day. At most it would have prolonged the battle somewhat. Hitler would have realized Goerring's boasting was just that, just as he actually did.

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by Pa1963; Mar 30, 2019 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks
    That 5 inch barrel looks like it could still pass the inspection when the Corporal comes around, unreal

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information