Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade 10m x 2.5mm Acme Tap
terry_g on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
A 1/2" W1 drill rod turned to 10mm, tapered, and threaded on a lathe. After cutting the hex and the flutes, the tool was heated in a pellet stove. It was then quenched in water and tempered in an oven at 425 degrees for an hour.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Heavy Duty Adjustable Height Saw ...
- Knurling tool
- Using a bearing install tool to i...
- Single hole adjustable spanner w...
- Third slide for threading on a wa...
- Axle bearing install tool
- Slide hammer bearing puller adapter
- Handle for my bearing tools
- Small Lathe Homemade in Brazil
- What a peculiar arrangement!
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!