Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade 10m x 2.5mm Acme Tap
terry_g on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
A 1/2" W1 drill rod turned to 10mm, tapered, and threaded on a lathe. After cutting the hex and the flutes, the tool was heated in a pellet stove. It was then quenched in water and tempered in an oven at 425 degrees for an hour.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Antique hand-cranked grinding sto...
- The most important tool in my shop!
- DIY Drill Press Build // Homemade...
- Cast shoulder plane
- Scrap built air hammer
- 200-watt laser bazooka - GIF and ...
- Shaving with an axe - GIF
- Machine for cleaning metal from r...
- Drum Sander
- Simple dowel maker jig made with ...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!