Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade 10m x 2.5mm Acme Tap
terry_g on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
A 1/2" W1 drill rod turned to 10mm, tapered, and threaded on a lathe. After cutting the hex and the flutes, the tool was heated in a pellet stove. It was then quenched in water and tempered in an oven at 425 degrees for an hour.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Total In-Flight Simulator airplan...
- Base for a Milwaukee handheld
- Bolt with built-in tensile strain...
- Metal Lathe Restoration
- Moving a 1966 Northfield jointer ...
- ACME Clamp-o-matic
- Moving lighter but cumbersome equ...
- Warsop Benjo power rammer - video...
- Huge mine blast - GIF
- Reamer Sharpening Fixture
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!