Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Benchtop Digital Height Gauge
Homemade, benchtop digital height gauge adapted from a caliper. Caliper was dismantled and the jaws trimmed as necessary. New jaw and clamp were machined from 1/8\" x 2\" mild steel. Base is hot rolled steel. Scale is fixed to the base with epoxy resin.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Base for a Milwaukee handheld
- Bolt with built-in tensile strain...
- Metal Lathe Restoration
- Moving a 1966 Northfield jointer ...
- ACME Clamp-o-matic
- Moving lighter but cumbersome equ...
- Warsop Benjo power rammer - video...
- Huge mine blast - GIF
- Reamer Sharpening Fixture
- Hook & Moor automatic boat hook -...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!