Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Centering Tool
shenion on mig-welding.co.uk
Centering tool for use in lathes, mills, and drill presses. A 1/2" round bar is center drilled and tapered. The tapered end is cut from the shaft and then reconnected using a spring. The tool is mounted in the chuck or collet adaptor. Offset is measured by aligning the tip to punch marks or center-drilled holes.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- v belts
- Mobile Metal Working Bench
- Load crashes off truck going down...
- Reguarding: 173 Best Homemade Too...
- Flaming crème brûlée tool - GIF
- Dipropylene Glycol for Hanging Axes
- Spinning/rolling gas cylinders to...
- Exiting a moving train - GIFs
- DIFFERENTIATING ALUMINIUM BRONZE ...
- Oscillating Spindle sander build
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!