Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Cross Slide Extension and Thrust Bearing Mod
ToolsandMods on toolsandmods.com
Homemade cross slide extension allowing 20mm additional travel. Saddle is milled to accommodate extended travel. A spacer enables the assembly to be bolted to the saddle from outside. Thrust bearing and lock nut installed to remove play. Dial and handwheel bored to accept the additional components.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Grinding drill bits.
- Tool post riser
- Homemade hand thread tapping mach...
- Measure the temperature of molten...
- Height Gage Magnifier
- Tool Post Grinder For the Mini La...
- Pressing wheels into tires in Chi...
- Three n one circle scribe
- Vladimir Lenin's 1922 Rolls Royce...
- An SLT camera disassembled - photo
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!