Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Cross Slide Extension and Thrust Bearing Mod
ToolsandMods on toolsandmods.com
Homemade cross slide extension allowing 20mm additional travel. Saddle is milled to accommodate extended travel. A spacer enables the assembly to be bolted to the saddle from outside. Thrust bearing and lock nut installed to remove play. Dial and handwheel bored to accept the additional components.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Manufacturing a curling stone fro...
- 6 way Dover blade conversion ques...
- Retratable internal external scre...
- ER32 collet trays, hook spanners ...
- Rotary table/Deving head
- Copper soft jaw faces for lathe c...
- Cooling system for dril lpress
- Sherline 2K Mill Base and Electri...
- Very poor mans cnc setup
- Belt Sander
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!