Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Cross Slide Extension and Thrust Bearing Mod
ToolsandMods on toolsandmods.com
Homemade cross slide extension allowing 20mm additional travel. Saddle is milled to accommodate extended travel. A spacer enables the assembly to be bolted to the saddle from outside. Thrust bearing and lock nut installed to remove play. Dial and handwheel bored to accept the additional components.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Universal Cutter Grinder
- Elevating pickup truck topper - GIF
- Robot operating a CNC machine - GIF
- Dual Action Pneumatic Air Cylinder
- Is it possible to change spinning...
- Total In-Flight Simulator airplan...
- Base for a Milwaukee handheld
- Bolt with built-in tensile strain...
- Metal Lathe Restoration
- Moving a 1966 Northfield jointer ...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!