Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade DC Power Generator
Homemade high-current DC power generator constructed from a surplus lawnmower motor, an automotive alternator, a 2.5" pulley, battery cables, and 2x4 lumber. Connected to deep-cycle marine batteries and an inverter, it is capable of supplying emergency AC power.
Rate this build:
LEVEL OF DETAIL (1-5):
Newest Forum Posts
- Bench vise
- DIY Tuna Can Buddy Burner - Usefu...
- Taming A Rocking Table
- DIY Easy, Low Cost Trash Bag Hold...
- Starting the world's largest dies...
- Turning a supersized wooden bowl ...
- Trailer Bumper becomes so much more
- Uprooting a tree using a 45:1 pul...
- Automatic orange juicer - video
- How tires are retreaded - GIF
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!