Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Easy-to-Make Tool for Back Purging TIG Welds
jhe.1973 on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
A tool to ensure TIG penetration in ultra high vacuum (UHV) chamber work. A 3/8-24 stainless socket head cap screw is machined to mimic the shape of a torch collet. A piece of 3/16 tube is pressed into a blind hole drilled on the side of the cap end. The unit is fitted on to a 1/4" OD tube on a magnetic base.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Base for a Milwaukee handheld
- Bolt with built-in tensile strain...
- Metal Lathe Restoration
- Moving a 1966 Northfield jointer ...
- ACME Clamp-o-matic
- Moving lighter but cumbersome equ...
- Warsop Benjo power rammer - video...
- Huge mine blast - GIF
- Reamer Sharpening Fixture
- Hook & Moor automatic boat hook -...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!