Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Easy-to-Make Tool for Back Purging TIG Welds
jhe.1973 on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
A tool to ensure TIG penetration in ultra high vacuum (UHV) chamber work. A 3/8-24 stainless socket head cap screw is machined to mimic the shape of a torch collet. A piece of 3/16 tube is pressed into a blind hole drilled on the side of the cap end. The unit is fitted on to a 1/4" OD tube on a magnetic base.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Antique hand-cranked grinding sto...
- The most important tool in my shop!
- DIY Drill Press Build // Homemade...
- Cast shoulder plane
- Scrap built air hammer
- 200-watt laser bazooka - GIF and ...
- Shaving with an axe - GIF
- Machine for cleaning metal from r...
- Drum Sander
- Simple dowel maker jig made with ...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!