Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Filing Rest for Taig Lathe
Dean Williams on deansphotographica.com
Homemade filing rest intended for use on a Taig lathe as an aid to the creation of flats on round stock. Adjustable for file level. Files rest on two rollers adapted from 3/16" drill rod. Two brass adjusting discs are threaded into the support stud, allowing for height adjustment. Body and base are aluminum.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Enormous megaphone from silent fi...
- DIY Portable Vendor Display (Free...
- Small Tool Post Turret Plans
- Large Tool Post Turret
- Model engine compilation - video
- Lathe. Alignment and wear evaluat...
- Jacking up a vessel - GIF
- Torches and Begining of forge
- Edge Milling Vise
- Motion compensating ship personne...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!