Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Filing Rest for Taig Lathe
Dean Williams on deansphotographica.com
Homemade filing rest intended for use on a Taig lathe as an aid to the creation of flats on round stock. Adjustable for file level. Files rest on two rollers adapted from 3/16" drill rod. Two brass adjusting discs are threaded into the support stud, allowing for height adjustment. Body and base are aluminum.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Dual Action Pneumatic Air Cylinder
- Is it possible to change spinning...
- Total In-Flight Simulator airplan...
- Base for a Milwaukee handheld
- Bolt with built-in tensile strain...
- Metal Lathe Restoration
- Moving a 1966 Northfield jointer ...
- ACME Clamp-o-matic
- Moving lighter but cumbersome equ...
- Warsop Benjo power rammer - video...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!