Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade furnace for aluminum casting. Constructed from a 25-liter paint drum and a stainless steel bowl lid. Furnace lined with 50mm thick refractory material. Refractory cement made by mixing 1 part Portland cement, 1 part clay, and 7 parts of perlite. 280 mm diameter by 290 mm high. Weighs 15 kilograms. Handles 1 liter of molten aluminum.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Dump truck hydraulic explosion - ...
- Multi-headed nut wizard pickup to...
- Cowhide Motorcycle Jacket - DIY
- Finding Lost Tiny Parts
- MILL---- RESTOMOD PART 1 NEW DC ...
- 3D-print dremel / drill bit holde...
- Measuring acute angles accurately
- Finger Plate
- Panbrake for folding sheet metal,...
- The Effect of Error in the Home S...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!