Homemade furnace for aluminum casting. Constructed from a 25-liter paint drum and a stainless steel bowl lid. Furnace lined with 50mm thick refractory material. Refractory cement made by mixing 1 part Portland cement, 1 part clay, and 7 parts of perlite. 280 mm diameter by 290 mm high. Weighs 15 kilograms. Handles 1 liter of molten aluminum.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Submerged arc welding - videos
- 1978 SEAB Flipper microcar - phot...
- Firewood packing machine - video
- Acrylic Lathe Tooling Cabinet
- DIY Portable Jigsaw Table From Ga...
- Ride-on lawnmower motorcycle - ph...
- Air Rifle Restoration and Customi...
- When someone asks you: "Is it lev...
- Lathe tailstock bed clamp
- Motorcycle sidecar horse trailer ...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!