Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Hand Tapper
stan the toolfool on toolfools.com
Homemade hand tapper constructed from salvaged drill parts. Sliding T-post is fabricated from a 1/2" pipe T. Brass bushings are hammered into the T ends. A pipe connected the a vertical support is fitted on one end. A 3/8" rod is driven into the bushings. The chuck is attached to the rod through a connector. The assembly is flange-mounted to a wooden base.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Antique hand-cranked grinding sto...
- The most important tool in my shop!
- DIY Drill Press Build // Homemade...
- Cast shoulder plane
- Scrap built air hammer
- 200-watt laser bazooka - GIF and ...
- Shaving with an axe - GIF
- Machine for cleaning metal from r...
- Drum Sander
- Simple dowel maker jig made with ...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!