Homemade Lateral Bore Lathe
tsmartin_98 on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
Self-centering large bore chuck extension. An imported 8" chuck with a 2 1/2" bore is connected to a 3" diameter SCH 40 pipe. The pipe is mated to the spindle and turns the chuck. A steady rest is placed so as to brace the chuck.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Putting out a fuel tanker fire - ...
- Locking pliers hood ornament - ph...
- Expanding packaging foam - GIF
- I just finished this amazing mark...
- Homemade Vise
- Old hammer+anvil headache treatme...
- Underwater chainsaw - video
- EL-Cheapo Cyclone Dust Collector ...
- Horizontal Bandsaw Quick Clamp
- Video of a Ball Chain Lift Mechan...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!