Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Lateral Bore Lathe
tsmartin_98 on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
Self-centering large bore chuck extension. An imported 8" chuck with a 2 1/2" bore is connected to a 3" diameter SCH 40 pipe. The pipe is mated to the spindle and turns the chuck. A steady rest is placed so as to brace the chuck.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Collet inserts for square stock
- Stump jumper removal press
- INTERLOCKING-BRICK MAKING MACHINE...
- Heavy Duty Adjustable Height Saw ...
- Knurling tool
- Using a bearing install tool to i...
- Single hole adjustable spanner w...
- Third slide for threading on a wa...
- Axle bearing install tool
- Slide hammer bearing puller adapter
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!