Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
ironnut on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
Homemade lathe constructed from both recycled and shop-made parts. The rotating headstock is from an imported 5C collet spin fixture, the cross compound and the machine slide are from an unknown lathe, and the DC motor and controller were salvaged from a surplus bearing tester. The 1/4 hp DC motor runs at 2000-3000 RPM.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- The Maker's Vise
- Kids' swing made from car - photos
- 1" drill/drift punch guide.
- Logging truck rear steer dolly - ...
- Wooden hummingbird model - GIF
- Vietnamese Cu Chi tunnels - large...
- Repurposing part for a floating t...
- Bell Ropes
- Mobile brick-making machine - GIF
- Boeing dual-driver Long Load Crew...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!