Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
ironnut on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
Homemade lathe constructed from both recycled and shop-made parts. The rotating headstock is from an imported 5C collet spin fixture, the cross compound and the machine slide are from an unknown lathe, and the DC motor and controller were salvaged from a surplus bearing tester. The 1/4 hp DC motor runs at 2000-3000 RPM.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Enormous megaphone from silent fi...
- DIY Portable Vendor Display (Free...
- Small Tool Post Turret Plans
- Large Tool Post Turret
- Model engine compilation - video
- Lathe. Alignment and wear evaluat...
- Jacking up a vessel - GIF
- Torches and Begining of forge
- Edge Milling Vise
- Motion compensating ship personne...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!