Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
ironnut on bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
Homemade lathe constructed from both recycled and shop-made parts. The rotating headstock is from an imported 5C collet spin fixture, the cross compound and the machine slide are from an unknown lathe, and the DC motor and controller were salvaged from a surplus bearing tester. The 1/4 hp DC motor runs at 2000-3000 RPM.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Tree climbing chainsaw trimming t...
- homemade anvil
- From Nils to Skills Uber Challeng...
- Tractor cuts line in field to sto...
- DIY 24 Mobile Miter Station Bas...
- Tree climbing machine - GIF
- taig knurler
- Convert grinder into belt sander
- Kickstarter for Toler Union pocke...
- 1960s amphibious scooter - GIF
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!