Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Lathe Electronic Edge Finder
Rick Sparber on rick.sparber.org
Homemade lathe electronic edge finder (LEEF) detailed in an extensive writeup. Provides the capability to detect the cutter coming into contact with a workpiece, all without any modification to the lathe, cutter, or workpiece. Utilization of the LEEF enables one to quickly re-establish zero when changing cutters and will also indicate boring bar touchdown at the bottom of a hole.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Golf hole cutter/filler - GIF
- Router Sled for flattening large ...
- Egg shelling machine - video
- Drawing a perfect circle on a cha...
- Charcoal/Wood Forging
- 1946 hand-built trenching machine...
- Lead cover for lathe bed
- Trash collection crane boat in Ve...
- 1500s bullet extractor - photo
- Handheld inkjet printer - GIF
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!