Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Lathe Electronic Edge Finder
Rick Sparber on rick.sparber.org
Homemade lathe electronic edge finder (LEEF) detailed in an extensive writeup. Provides the capability to detect the cutter coming into contact with a workpiece, all without any modification to the lathe, cutter, or workpiece. Utilization of the LEEF enables one to quickly re-establish zero when changing cutters and will also indicate boring bar touchdown at the bottom of a hole.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Base for a Milwaukee handheld
- Bolt with built-in tensile strain...
- Metal Lathe Restoration
- Moving a 1966 Northfield jointer ...
- ACME Clamp-o-matic
- Moving lighter but cumbersome equ...
- Warsop Benjo power rammer - video...
- Huge mine blast - GIF
- Reamer Sharpening Fixture
- Hook & Moor automatic boat hook -...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!