Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Lathe-Powered Drum Sander
Awilda Wilson on woodturningonline.com
Homemade drum sander fabricated from 3/4" plywood. The unit is anchored to the lathe by a base tray, to which a tilt board is attached via piano hinges. An MDF feed board accompanies the workpiece through the drum sander, which is fashioned from glued discs of MDF. Tensioned bearings and a dust collection hood complete the unit.
Rate this build:
LEVEL OF DETAIL (1-5):
Newest Forum Posts
- Single tractor pulling 5 trailers...
- Shoe finishing machine modification
- Miniature machinst's clamp
- Painting banister rails - GIF
- Coconut shell stripper - GIF
- Gears for cutting metric threads ...
- Router bt selection help
- DTC Table Saw Push Stick #1 (FREE...
- Hydraulic demolition shear - GIF
- Blade bevel grinding platen for 72"
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!