Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Lathe-Powered Drum Sander
Awilda Wilson on woodturningonline.com
Homemade drum sander fabricated from 3/4" plywood. The unit is anchored to the lathe by a base tray, to which a tilt board is attached via piano hinges. An MDF feed board accompanies the workpiece through the drum sander, which is fashioned from glued discs of MDF. Tensioned bearings and a dust collection hood complete the unit.
Rate this build:
LEVEL OF DETAIL (1-5):
Newest Forum Posts
- Curved barrels for firearms
- Valve spring tool
- Simple trick for mounting small d...
- Giant hedge cutter made from WWII...
- Adding Irrigation Zones Without A...
- WWII Churchill tank converted int...
- Skid steer modified into riot con...
- Circle division with no rotary ta...
- Milling Head stiffening fixture
- [woodworking] Carnauba Wax sticks
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!