Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Lathe-Powered Drum Sander
Awilda Wilson on woodturningonline.com
Homemade drum sander fabricated from 3/4" plywood. The unit is anchored to the lathe by a base tray, to which a tilt board is attached via piano hinges. An MDF feed board accompanies the workpiece through the drum sander, which is fashioned from glued discs of MDF. Tensioned bearings and a dust collection hood complete the unit.
Rate this build:
LEVEL OF DETAIL (1-5):
Newest Forum Posts
- Automated coal train car sprayer ...
- Perfect belly landing in 1966 Pip...
- Kant Twist Clamp
- Spotlight for drillpress etc..
- Longitudinal DRO fitting.
- Help needed building a berry de-s...
- Addicted to building tools - wool...
- ESL Headphone
- Not a tool, but a useful philosophy
- Emergency tools and leak proof ca...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!