Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Raising Hammer
Steve Shelby on ganoksin.com
Homemade raising hammer adapted from a vintage blacksmith's hammer. The 2-pound original was reshaped with an angle grinder and smoothed on a belt sander, resulting in a 21 ounce tool. A burned-oil finish was applied and the antique hickory handle retained.
Rate this build:
LEVEL OF DETAIL (1-5):
Newest Forum Posts
- Built an adjustable Alaskan sawmill
- Powerstroke diesel specialty tools
- Rail repair with thermite welding...
- Snapping stone slabs - GIF
- Multi V-Block Plans available
- Marking and bundling large hot me...
- Clamping forging tongs from sprin...
- Horizontal Router Mortiser
- Self made Bench grinder for waste...
- How to cut a glass tabletop - GIF
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!