Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Sand Casting Tools
Workshopshed on workshopshed.com
Homemade sand casting tools including crucible lifting tongs, regular tongs, pouring shank, and skimming tool. Lifting tongs were adapted from coal tongs with the faces ground down and drilled to accept pop-riveted plates. Pouring shank was adapted from a fire poker, while the skimmer began life as a bar spoon.
Rate this build:
LEVEL OF DETAIL (1-5):
Newest Forum Posts
- Plant trellis stringing tool - GIF
- Train pulls out of a turn - GIF
- Adjustable Carriage Feed Stop for...
- Tractor PTO Leyland drop plate.
- Concrete bag lift fail - GIF
- One man Ceiling board holder
- Supporting Long plank to cut.
- Wooden Sawhorses made with no nai...
- Octopus unscrewing jar - GIF
- Trick water faucet - GIF
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!