Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Sand Casting Tools
Workshopshed on workshopshed.com
Homemade sand casting tools including crucible lifting tongs, regular tongs, pouring shank, and skimming tool. Lifting tongs were adapted from coal tongs with the faces ground down and drilled to accept pop-riveted plates. Pouring shank was adapted from a fire poker, while the skimmer began life as a bar spoon.
Rate this build:
LEVEL OF DETAIL (1-5):
Newest Forum Posts
- Horse vs. 18 men in tug-of-war - ...
- Forging a hatchet, or small vikin...
- Multi Roll Tape Dispenser from an...
- 1917 flamethrower prototypes - vi...
- Letourneau biggest machines
- 1464 Dardanelles siege cannon - p...
- proportioning valve bleed tool di...
- DIY Riser Blocks (FREE PLANS)
- 1889 naval gun breech - video
- Timelapse disassembly of Big Bert...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!