Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Small Boring Head for the Taig Mill
Keith Brooke on mechanicalphilosopher.com
Homemade small boring head designed for the Taig mill. Machined from 12L14 steel. Gib is brass. Head diameter is 1.375 inches. Features a 7/16" diameter dial with 25 divisions. A 4-40 SHCS leadscrew advances the head at 0.001" increments. Incorporates a transverse tapped hole for mounting counterweights.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Height Gage Magnifier
- Tool Post Grinder For the Mini La...
- Pressing wheels into tires in Chi...
- Three n one circle scribe
- Vladimir Lenin's 1922 Rolls Royce...
- An SLT camera disassembled - photo
- Improving the Harbor Freight Dril...
- Ride-on trowels - GIF
- DIY Lab Bench Power Supply
- Popcorn canon - video
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!