Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Small Boring Head for the Taig Mill
Keith Brooke on mechanicalphilosopher.com
Homemade small boring head designed for the Taig mill. Machined from 12L14 steel. Gib is brass. Head diameter is 1.375 inches. Features a 7/16" diameter dial with 25 divisions. A 4-40 SHCS leadscrew advances the head at 0.001" increments. Incorporates a transverse tapped hole for mounting counterweights.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Mini bench block ring saver
- Collet inserts for square stock
- Stump jumper removal press
- INTERLOCKING-BRICK MAKING MACHINE...
- Heavy Duty Adjustable Height Saw ...
- Knurling tool
- Using a bearing install tool to i...
- Single hole adjustable spanner w...
- Third slide for threading on a wa...
- Axle bearing install tool
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!