Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Small Boring Head for the Taig Mill
Keith Brooke on mechanicalphilosopher.com
Homemade small boring head designed for the Taig mill. Machined from 12L14 steel. Gib is brass. Head diameter is 1.375 inches. Features a 7/16" diameter dial with 25 divisions. A 4-40 SHCS leadscrew advances the head at 0.001" increments. Incorporates a transverse tapped hole for mounting counterweights.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Snapping stone slabs - GIF
- Multi V-Block Plans available
- Marking and bundling large hot me...
- Clamping forging tongs from sprin...
- Horizontal Router Mortiser
- Self made Bench grinder for waste...
- How to cut a glass tabletop - GIF
- Lamb conveyor for marking and vac...
- Homemade Roll Bender for Square P...
- Soldering station/plastic welder
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!