Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Steady Rest for Metal-Cutting Lathe
C.W. Woodson on kinzers.com
Homemade steady rest machined from cold rolled steel. Ring fabricated either by cutting thick walled tubing or boring steel plates. Brass cap screws serve as adjustable jaws, spaced 120 degrees apart on the ring. Two sections of angle iron support the ring on the base.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Dump truck hydraulic explosion - ...
- Multi-headed nut wizard pickup to...
- Cowhide Motorcycle Jacket - DIY
- Finding Lost Tiny Parts
- MILL---- RESTOMOD PART 1 NEW DC ...
- 3D-print dremel / drill bit holde...
- Measuring acute angles accurately
- Finger Plate
- Panbrake for folding sheet metal,...
- The Effect of Error in the Home S...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!