Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Steady Rest for Metal-Cutting Lathe
C.W. Woodson on kinzers.com
Homemade steady rest machined from cold rolled steel. Ring fabricated either by cutting thick walled tubing or boring steel plates. Brass cap screws serve as adjustable jaws, spaced 120 degrees apart on the ring. Two sections of angle iron support the ring on the base.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Dial Indicator swivel universal r...
- Mini Lathe Belt Drive Improvement...
- Excavator collapses hillside - GIF
- Automatic wire twister homemade
- How to make a simple and effectiv...
- DIY Variable Lab Bench Power Supp...
- Wire Netting Machine
- Straightening bicycle sprockets -...
- DIY Bluetooth Speaker 25W+25W TD...
- Squaring round metal containers -...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!