Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Steady Rest for Metal-Cutting Lathe
C.W. Woodson on kinzers.com
Homemade steady rest machined from cold rolled steel. Ring fabricated either by cutting thick walled tubing or boring steel plates. Brass cap screws serve as adjustable jaws, spaced 120 degrees apart on the ring. Two sections of angle iron support the ring on the base.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Repeating crossbow - GIF
- World's oldest intact ship - vide...
- Monkey teaches human to use tool ...
- Grinding drill bits.
- Tool post riser
- Homemade hand thread tapping mach...
- Measure the temperature of molten...
- Height Gage Magnifier
- Tool Post Grinder For the Mini La...
- Pressing wheels into tires in Chi...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!