Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Taig Lathe Lead Screw
Dean Williams on deansphotographica.com
Homemade leadscrew intended for use with a Taig lathe. One turn of the handwheel advances the carriage by 0.050". Assembly consists of brass mounting blocks, bushings, half nut, and a handwheel. Half nut assembly is mounted to the carriage. Leadscrew incorporates a 1/4-20 left-hand threaded rod.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Lathe DC motor break
- Build your own table saw edge joi...
- World record fastest revolver dra...
- A Rugged Bipod
- Metal and wood Chevy tailgate ben...
- Using a bandsaw to cut wood screw...
- ½ Scale Oliver 1655 tractor - vi...
- Electronic Edge Finder Run-out Co...
- How lasagna is made - video
- Buffalo blower used to clean snow...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!