Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Taig Lathe Steady Rest
Steve Fornelius on cartertools.blogspot.com
Homemade steady rest intended for use with a Taig lathe and constructed from 3/4" x 1/2" square metal bars. Two sections of 1/4" brass rods serve as guides. Parts assembled using SHCS.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Manufacturing a curling stone fro...
- 6 way Dover blade conversion ques...
- Retratable internal external scre...
- ER32 collet trays, hook spanners ...
- Rotary table/Deving head
- Copper soft jaw faces for lathe c...
- Cooling system for dril lpress
- Sherline 2K Mill Base and Electri...
- Very poor mans cnc setup
- Belt Sander
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!